007 – In-Shape: Stockton Quail Lakes
2303 W. March Ln Stockton, California 95207
Apply directly at:
The In-Shape Personal Trainer (PT) interacts with members every day, conducting fitness assessments and personal training sessions during one-on-one and small-group appointments. ISHC PTs are the heart-and-soul of the “In-Shape Lifestyle,” promoting health, fitness and enjoyment of all life has to offer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help clients meet fitness objectives through coaching and assistance during personal training sessions.
- Schedule personal training sessions with clients, and follow-through.
- Generate client progress reports with accurate measurements and fitness testing.
- Demonstrate the proper use of strength training and cardiovascular equipment.
- Serve as knowledgeable source of fitness and nutrition for members.
- Sales of personal training packages.
- Participating in continued educational requirements for personal training certification.
- Friendly; professional; encouraging; punctual; thorough knowledge of health, fitness and nutrition; disciplined; dedicated to client success.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- HS diploma or GED required – College degree preferred.
- Certified Personal Training Certification from an approved accredited program required*. *Four year or advanced degree in related field may be submitted in lieu of personal training certificate.
- Additional course work in physical education, nutrition, physiology, and exercise science is beneficial.
- CPR/AED required: Basic First Aid preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry 45+ lbs.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Basic writing and math skills, excellent communication skills and experience with MS Office.
- Strong motivational skills.
KEY BENEFITS AT IN-SHAPE:
- Free health club membership.
- Casual work environment.
- Discount on personal training.
- Discount on all retail items.
- DIscount on PT certifications/re-certifications.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, changes in temperature/humidity; moving mechanical parts and vibration and exercise equipment; frequently required to stand, walk 4-hours/4 hour day; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; and frequently use both feet and move them forward/backward and side to side; seldom required to sit; frequently to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and continuously reach and twist, including side-to-side movements; must continuously lift/move/carry 25 pounds; frequently lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move/carry 51 or more pounds.
Why In-Shape? At In-Shape, we offer great career potential where one can help others achieve their goals of health and wellness! We’re committed to hiring motivated and energetic individuals who are looking to make a difference in people’s lives. We firmly believe in career development and advancement at In-Shape, strongly encouraging continuing education, and even offer specialized training for nearly every position. As a team member, you’ll have the opportunity to work at various locations and within different departments throughout your career. Our clubs, our team members, and our commitment to an active and healthy lifestyle are the key ingredients to a fun and rewarding career in the fitness industry!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.