Indian Hills Community College
This position will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the development, coordination, and administration of a comprehensive sports medical program for all IHCC athletic programs on the Ottumwa and Centerville campuses, assuring availability of acute injury treatment at college athletic functions. Some evening and weekend hours will be required. Flexible summer scheduling may also be required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Current Board of Certification (BOC).
- Licensed as an Athletic Trainer in the State of Iowa, or eligible for licensure.
- Must relate well to people and display a high degree of competency within the discipline.
- Effective communication skills with diverse personalities in both personal and group settings.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with coordination and administration of a comprehensive sports medical program for the College, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, and injury treatment.
- Oversight of athletic training software including continued data entry of student athlete demographic information, injury reports, student athlete primary insurance information and injury history.
- Manage pre-participation information on a daily basis to ensure files up to date and communicate with coaches daily about status of student-athletes.
- Travel to Centerville campus for care of baseball and wrestling, may be necessary as needed.
- Responsible for all assigned sports including treatments, rehabilitation plans, practice coverage, and other duties related to student-athlete care.
- Provide athletic training services for the College’s athletic department, including attendance at home competitions, coordinating coverage for scheduled practices, with the potential for some travel to away events.
- Work with Head Athletic Trainer to administer programs regarding health care for the student athletes (ex. Medical clearances reports, physical exams, physician referrals, insurance and consent forms, safety equipment) and with student athletes.
- Have an understanding of each of the colleges insurances policies, including athletic and international student and work with those companies to ensure proper filing of athletic injury claims.
- Monitor and evaluate students during practicum experiences. Maintain documentation of injuries and student experience hours.
- Represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community.
- Schedule clinic hours for student consultation.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with professional personnel, local organizations, public officials and other interested people.
- Meet all assigned office commitments as scheduled.
- Submit to Student Services reports on all students who may be in need of counsel.
- Serve actively on any committee to which appointed.
- Keep accurate inventories of equipment and supplies and submit requisitions for needed materials.
- Promptly report repairs needed for equipment.
- Stay up to date with trends in the field and equipment as appropriate.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Head Athletic Trainer
Para I – Non-Exempt – Traditional Funding – at will employment on a letter of employment
3 ½ Term (167 days), Full Time
Starting Salary Range:
$28,798.00 – 34,780.00
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.