Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Corporation
- This position has a start date of August 19th, 2019
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
POSITION TITLE: Child Care Attendant
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Development Manager
DEPARTMENT: Mountain Sports School- Early Childhood Development
CLASSIFICATION: Year Round Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Provides superior care for children as young as 8 weeks through 3 years old, by creating a safe, positive, and nurturing environment for them to thrive in.
- Responsible for the immediate and safe care of all children both indoors and outdoors.
- Greet parents and children; assist with registration, check-in/check-out procedures, questions and concerns at Kids’ Ranch.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with county health regulations, fire codes, state of Wyoming child care licensing regulations and OSHA laws.
- Participate in all required training to become and remain current in child care best practices.
- Plan and lead appropriate activities in art, music, organized play, etc., in accordance with developmentally appropriate practices.
- Accurately complete required logs and child’s daily report card; ensure that all forms are filled out correctly.
- Perform required clean-up duties throughout the day.
- Interact constantly with the children. May interact with children ages 6 months to 14 years.
- Provide a positive, fun, safe environment for the children and parents.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers, ski & snowboard instructors, and parents.
- Maintain a clean daycare center while adhering to state licensing and local health regulations.
- Maintain a safe and orderly outside play area.
-Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job-
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead, organize, and teach children.
- Capable and comfortable interacting with children reading stories, dancing, creating arts and crafts projects, etc.
- Show maturity when interacting with children and families, and coworkers.
- Strong team player and dependable.
- High level of patience and able to cope well with stress.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- High school graduate.
- Infant and children’s CPR and First Aid (Training provided).
- Obtain TB test and criminal background check.
- Provide three letters of reference.
- Participate in 8 hours of WSTARS approved continuing education. (Provided)
- Experience working with young children, ages 6 months to 3 years is helpful, but not required.
- 11 hours of WSTARS training is provided.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Typical kitchen appliances.
- Various arts and crafts materials.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Child care environment is often hectic, stressful and intense during various times of the day.
- Must be able to pick up small children.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.