Jewish Community Center Omaha
The Jewish Community Center of Omaha (JCC) is hiring! Come make a difference in the health and wellness of our community members by joining our team. A rewarding career can be found at the JCC and other departments within our organization.
Primary Purpose of Job
The Pilates Reformer Trainer is responsible for building a client base through the various methods. Pilates Reformer Trainers are also responsible for helping maintain a clean and safe training space for all clients. Our pay structure is lucrative and rewarding. Instructors get a free JCC Fitness Center membership that includes the use of the indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, locker rooms, gymnasium, and other amenities.
About the Phil Sokolof Fitness Center
Our recently refreshed Phil Sokolof Fitness Center features modern weight and cardio equipment, indoor walking / running tracks, and studios for spinning, pilates, and group exercise classes. Additional facilities include an indoor pool, the Goldstein Family Aquatic Center (outdoor), a gymnasium with two basketball courts, and two racquetball courts.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or Related Field a plus
· 1 year of experience teaching or training
· National Pilates / Reformer Certification
· National Personal Training/Group Exercise Certification a plus
· CPR/AED Certification
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Promote the benefits of Pilates Reformer Training to all members and guests through:
· Being available to members from time to time by your physical presence on the Fitness Center floor
· Interacting with members on a friendly basis through Reformer demos
· Welcoming them as they enter the facility, or visiting with them while working out.
· Offer complimentary reformer sessions to new members. This may include assisting the Fitness Center Director in making calls to new members.
2. All JCC Pilates, Pilates Reformer instructors must be evaluated on an annual basis through a formal review process along with regular communication and guidance as needed.
3. Ensure all Pilates facilities and equipment are well maintained, stored, cleaned and organized. He/she should look for missing or damaged items, and make recommendations immediately for replacement or removal of damaged or broken items.
4. As a member of the JCC Fitness Team, the Pilates Reformer Trainer is also on-call to assist in the Fitness Center floor coverage whenever possible. He/she is responsible for the safety and comfort of all JCC members and guests using the fitness facilities, and therefore should be completely familiar with our machines, duties, and customer service practices in general to be effective in this area. Staff must ensure all fitness facilities are in excellent condition, equipment is performing in state-of-the-art condition, and must be friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and available to members at all times.
5. He/she may take on additional responsibilities such as Personal Training, Pilates Mat Class Instruction, Yoga Class Instruction, and Medically Based Wellness or other related programs with the approval of the Fitness Center Director.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.