Just Leadership USA Inc
JustLeadershipUSA JustLeadershipUSA (JLUSA) is dedicated to cutting the US correctional population in half. On the guiding principle that those closest to the problem are closest to the solution, JLUSA empowers, educates and elevates the voices of most impacted and marginalized by incarceration to organize, advocate and drive sustainable policy reform. JLUSA was launched in November 2014.
JustLeadershipUSA seeks a driven and well-organized Leadership Administrative Associate reporting to the Director of Leadership and working closely with all teams across the agency the successful candidate will provide overall programmatic and administrative support to the Leadership team. The Leadership Administrative Associate must be able to work independently, effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities The Leadership Administrative Associate will perform a wide range of duties including following:
Manage the support for all training and events: (Operations)
- Prepare and process all contracts, honorariums, and other financial paperwork
- Prepare and submit vendor invoices in a timely manner;
- Ensure all vendors, contractors, etc. are paid on time
- Track, follow-up and provide updates with payments to vendors and contractors;
- Track, follow-up and provide updates on reimbursements;
- Communicate all paperwork deadlines to Leadership team and Operations
- Prepare expense report following each training and event;
Training and Event support: (Training)
- Assist with training registration, application and onboarding process;
- Revise, update, track onboarding documents and forms as necessary;
- Input, update, summarize data, evaluations, survey, and demographics
- Assist with training set-up and break down
- Prepare all materials for trainings including: printing, formatting, shipping;
Meetings support: (Admin)
- Coordinate scheduling of fellowship-related meetings and check-ins;
- Invite and confirm speakers, trainers, and facilitators;
- Coordinate and liaise with meeting facilitator;
- Assist in developing meeting agendas;
- Handle meeting registration and confirmations;
- Coordinate evaluation or feedback on the program
Systems support: (Communication)
- Updates and monitors JLUSA Engage regularly
- Updates and utilizes: Formstack, Expensify, Salesforce
- Updates and utilizes Smartsheets regularly
- Serves as back-up tech support for Zoom trainings & meetings
- Learn and operate new office technology platforms as they are implemented;
- Problem solve and troubleshoot technical difficulties;
- Respond to emails that come through leadership address portal as they come in;
- Support Leadership Logistics Coordinator with set-up and break down and other logistics when needed
- Respond to leaders, alumni, participants, partners, guests, questions/concerns as they come up;
- Review, proofread, edit, revise work done by Leadership team members;
- Coordinate all matters with Copywriter
- Order promotional materials when needed;
- Retrieve and return inventory from storage room and closet;
- Keep track of inventory quantities/needs;
- Provide clerical support (photocopying, printing, etc.);and
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications JustLeadershipUSA seeks a candidate with the following qualities and skills:
- Demonstrated experience with project management, meeting coordination, scheduling, agenda drafting, and diplomatic yet persistent follow-up, ideally in a nonprofit setting.
- Experience with Google Docs, Google Calendar, Microsoft Word, Zoom (or equivalent); experience with Salesforce, Formstack, Mailchimp, and WordPress desirable;
- Some level of experience with bookkeeping;
- A passion for, and working knowledge of, social justice and systemic change;
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy and execute plans;
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills;
- Ability to organize and prioritize and to responsibly manage several projects at a time;
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills, collaborative instincts, sense of humor, and charm; and
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Health, dental and vision insurances; Three percent match for 403B contributions; Fifteen PTO (Annual), fifteen sick days and four personal days per year (earned on an accrual basis); and Time off between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and professional writing sample for consideration. Applications without the full package will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
JustLeadershipUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status. JustLeadershipUSA values diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system involvement. We depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission. For more information about JustLeadershipUSA, visit our website at www.jlusa.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.