Process Maintenance Mechanic-3rd Shift (Soaps)
The Process Maintenance Mechanic (PMM) ensure continuous improvement of overall equipment effectiveness building people capability, setting and improving equipment and process standards, and improving process settings for maximum flexibility in processing materials. The PMM acts as a technical master and coach to the Line leader and Operators. This role develops support systems to best enable result growth that are sustainable. Safety and Quality remains the most important aspect of this role. Report directly to Supervisor of Operations.
- Understand and eliminate losses due to Process Failures (settings; adjustment; etc.)
- Correct breakdowns across all of operations as a priority
- Execute periodic maintenance tasks in partnership with the Reliability mechanics
- Act as Expert coach to the line team and develop their capability by establishing line standards (TPM) for AM – autonomous maintenance
- (CL, CIL, PM, OPL, Job Aide, 6S)
- Translate OEM material into meaningful standards for best results
- Act as a trainer to all operators
- Support the Supervisor and act in this capacity if and when required
- Report directly to the operations Supervisor
- Be highly visible and naturally flow to Equipment in view of ownership
- Support business critical maintenance work whenever necessary in other areas
- Work closely with the reliability maintenance mechanics for best results of line of ownership
- Represent ownership line/equipment result reviews in defined line and department forums
- Ensure correct and safe operation of equipment and machinery using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment
- Identify faulty equipment through observation and testing metrics.
- Identify replacement parts and perform repairs.
- Attend drumbeat daily shift meetings to prioritize work orders and minimize downtime.
- Maintain parts and tools inventory
- Prepare maintenance reports, work orders, and problem-solving documentation
- Lean continuous improvement events stemming from line/equipment losses (loss maps)
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience in an FDA regulated environment
- Advanced understanding of pneumatics, conveyors, pumps, belt drives, sprockets, and mechanical machine components
- Capable of operating hand, power and specialized tools
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Minimum a High school diploma or GED with advanced technical or college training
- TPM know-how
- Planning and organization
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness
- Strong problem-solving
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and any shift as required.
- Wear hairnet, safety glasses, long pants, steel toe shoes/boots and any other uniform standards.
- Read, comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Sit, bend, stoop, climb, and stand for long periods of time in one place.
- Lift items up to 50lbs.
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that KDC-One requires the successful completion of a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.