As a Cycle Instructor, you will be required to plan engaging lessons, ensure proper use of bikes and maintain the cleanliness of the fitness area. This position will promote motivation and encouragement with all participants.
- Raising awareness of cycling as a viable commuter mode of transportation
- Reports any accidents immediately and monitors fitness environment to maintain safety
- Delivering courses in a professional and reliable manor while Inspiring a passion for cycling in course participants
- Working independently and exercising good judgement, discretion, and tact
- Communicating consistently and promptly with program managers regarding scheduling, course feedback, and any incidents that occur while on-site
- Ensures safety rules, policies and guidelines are followed by members and guests and coaches appropriately when required ensuring that each has a safe and enjoyable experience
- Develops programming for varying levels and age groups of patrons
- Ability to be punctual
- Works well with little direction
- Strong organizational, communication and customer service skills with the ability to provide instructions to the class
- Must have professional presentation
- Ability to serve as a positive role model be able to build relationships
- Must be capable of performing the moves that are instructed including stooping, standing, bending, twisting, turning, squatting, and maintaining balance, lift, push, pull or carry up to 40 pounds for hour long classes
- Possess knowledge of occupational hazards and precautions related to instructing fitness classes
- Possess nationally recognized group fitness certification
- Experience instructing group fitness classes
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer possession of multiple certifications to instruct a variety of classes such as muscle conditioning, spin, water aerobics, Pilates, yoga, etc.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.