Lancaster Family YMCA
The Lancaster Family YMCA is excited to be open and operating! We are seeking enthusiastic and experience Personal Trainers to join our team.
The Lancaster Family YMCA provides a broad range of services to support the health and well-being of people across our community, and we are uniquely positioned to tackle some of Lancaster County’s most pressing needs.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Promote growth & retention through positive member experiences.
- Effectively manage facility area to ensure it is inviting to members and staff.
- Interact with members while on the floor. Provide feedback on appropriate form and answer questions related to training.
- Provide members with functionally sound and safe exercise routines that allow them to progress towards their individual goals.
- Promote programs and upcoming events.
- Complete personal training paperwork to ensure proper tracking of the personal training packages.
- Respond to emails for trainer requests within 48 hours of contact (Time spent scheduling and in communication with the client is included in hourly rate).
- Respond to all emails in the department by the end of your first shift following the email.
- Work at least one shift on the wellness floor or teach at least one scheduled class a week for group exercise.
- Attend trainings to keep certifications up to date.
- Stay current with exercise trends and best practices.
- Monitor work area, equipment, members and volunteers for safe and working operation at all times.
- Carries out other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of hands on work in the fitness field is preferred.
- Personal training general certification from accredited sources, NETA, NSCA, AFAA
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Equipment Usage Requirements:
* Machinery/Equipment: Treadmills, elliptical machines, steppers, rowers, stationary bikes, resistance bands, medicine balls, kettle bells, dumbbells, bosu balls, and additional equipment as provided by the YMCA for class specific needs.
Physical Requirements – degree of physical exertion is :
* Varies based on class. All certifications require that the instructor is able to perform the necessary actions to instruct their class.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $34.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.