Lee's Summit Medical Center
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
About this unit:
- Support 6 High School in Missouri (Jackson County and Johnson County)
- Strong, collaborative team, great work/life balance
- Amazing physicians and administrative support, with opportunities to support other HCA facilities
- Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the team physician or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice act.
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic contests. If a conflict arises the ATC will contact the Athletic Director to determine preference of event to cover.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for sports injuries treated by a physician.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the athletic training program.
- Schedule and be present for pre-participation sports physicals.
- Provide the coaches and athletic director with a list of athletes medically eligible to compete under district and state rules and regulations. Assist the athletic director as requested
- A bachelor’s degree, prefer MS/MEd degree, current NATABOC Certification required.
- Missouri ATC License; required within 30 days of hire
- BLS required
- One or two years in athletic training setting preferred. Entry level graduates with NATA certification will be considered.
- Decision-making skills to make treatment assessments based on quick injury evaluation.
- The ability to analyze injuries and convert data into meaningful medical chart reports.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing. The athletic trainer will interact with management, doctors, professional staff, patients, general public and local schools and sports teams
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee’s Summit Medical Center.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.