Leidos is seeking Health and Fitness Athletic Trainers for an opportunity to join The Army Holistic Health and Fitness Program
The Athletic Trainers will support brigade-based Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Human Performance Teams (multi-disciplinary) focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the Army’s new H2F System by providing expert coaching on proper body mechanics and efficient movement techniques in the training and field environment and in coordination with the physical therapist (PT). Collects and reports data and recommends and advises the Human Performance Team and unit leadership on all injury issues related to physical readiness training (PRT).
- Provides evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of acute musculoskeletal conditions before, during, and after physical readiness training (PRT).
- Screen target population for conditions related to readiness and deployability, within scope of practice as defined by the NATA and refer to the clinical supervisor as appropriate and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Apply, evaluate and modify prophylactic and protective equipment and techniques for Soldiers to minimize the risk of injury or re-injury per unit requisitioning procedures.
- Provide medical screening, assessments and treatment services at designated locations.
- Provide emergency first aid and immediate treatment for soft-tissue injury, acute inflammation/edema, and pain related to musculoskeletal injury or trauma.
- Prepare physical profile to document functional limitations up to 7 days, with no more than an additional 7-day extension.
- If needed, may communicate with the clinical supervisor or privileged provider through virtual health if that is the best method of communication for their location.
- In accordance with AR 40-66, document in the Service Member’s (SM’s) official electronic health record (EHR) any encounter involving the observation, treatment, or care of a medical condition.
- Participate in a peer review of ATs documentation in the health care records in accordance with H2F peer review process.
- Assist with the proper execution of special conditioning programs, such as reconditioning of injured Soldiers and enhanced conditioning of low-fit, high-risk Soldiers IAW FM 7-22.
- In coordination with the BDE H2F Program Director and/or the Injury Control Director, participate in meetings with the assigned clinical supervisor and or oversight physician to review and evaluate the injury control services provided to Soldiers, discuss medical issues of concern that affect safe and appropriate Soldier care, identify existing problems, identify opportunities to improve delivered care, and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Advise on basic acute care, injury control, reconditioning, and performance optimization.
- Provide education, instruction, and guidance to Soldiers and unit leadership, within scope of practice that is synchronized with all unit training calendars, to include generating training materials to support the unit’s requirements and the Commander’s intent. As requested, shall share best practices, awareness of emerging technology and equipment relevant to the treated population.
- Coordinate with Strength and Conditioning Coaches, Master Fitness Trainers, Master Resilience Trainers, and Battalion Command Sergeant Majors and Company 1st Sergeants as requested/needed to support unit development and execution of physical readiness training for Soldiers with and without physical limitations, IAW FM 7-22, Holistic Health and Fitness.
- Share best practices and lessons learned with the Lead AT for inclusion in the Monthly Status Report.
- In coordination with the Lead AT, BDE H2F Program Director and/or the Injury Control Director, attend and participate (i.e. answer questions, provide updates/presentations, receive Commander’s intent) in meetings with Battalion and Company leadership as requested and/or required.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other H2F staff members and medical personnel.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Licensed and board certified. A passing score from the Board of Certification (BOC) for the Athletic Trainer examination and hold credentials of Athletic Trainer, Certified (ATC).
- An unrestricted state license/registration/certification in any of the 49 regulated states; the District of Colombia; or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the US Virgin Islands to provide health care within the scope of practice for ATs per state practice acts.
- A National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Certifications in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross with automated external defibrillators (AED) certification.
- Have two years of relevant AT work experience within the last five years. Relevant experience is defined as developing and executing task and environment specific functional injury control and health/well-being programs for groups of athletes or Department of Defense/Department of Homeland Security/Department of Justice entities focused on a common sport or mission performance goal. Employment related to internships or graduate work is not considered as relevant experience.
- Ability to function as an integrated member of a Brigade-based multi-disciplinary team. Knowledge of emerging best practices within the health and fitness industry. Ability to physically train in an austere environment/terrain and lift/manipulate loads up to 50 pounds. Ability to gain access to military bases and follow security, environmental, and cyber regulations. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications. Ability to operate and manipulate automated systems to include, but not limited to, Composite Healthcare Computer System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Ambulatory Data System (ADS), MHS Genesis, Clinical Information System (CIS), and Medical Operational Data Systems such as the Medical Readiness Portal. Ability to navigate and operate unit SharePoint sites.
- Local and long distance travel may be required to perform services. AT services may be provided in the following locations: fitness centers/gyms, BDE or administrative areas, outdoors, ranges, field training environments, and at the Soldier Performance Readiness Center (SPRC).
- Have U.S. Citizenship.
- These positions are contingent upon Leidos receiving H2F contract.
Work will be completed at various military bases around the US including:
Ft. Bragg NC
Ft Bliss, TX
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Ft Drum, NY
Ft Polk, LA
Ft Bragg, NC
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.