LifeCycle Aquatics, LLC
SWIM INSTRUCTOR / INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED LEVELS 4-6
Kids Ages 7+ / Adults
Bring your energetic, positive and creative personality to LifeCycle Swimming. Be part of a team that provides safe, effective, fun swim lessons and water safety education for all ages. Intermediate and Advanced Level Instructors teach any of our levels 4, 5 or 6 swim classes which include age/level appropriate safety skills. Teachers will introduce and refine freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke and butterfly. You’ll introduce racing skills, endurance, and deep water / open water safety. You’ll be trained to teach our proprietary progressive program, including our SaferSooner™ method. You’ll help students establish swimming skills and a love of the aquatic lifestyle so that they can enjoy swimming, boating and other aquatic activities their entire life.
QUALIFICATIONS Successful Candidates:
- Will have had some competitive swimming experience, even if only from their youth.
- May come from a variety of backgrounds. They should have life experience that includes any of the following: Teaching (academic, job training, arts/crafts ), Sports/Fitness Training (coaching, instruction, wellness), Working with Children (includes parenting!), Psychology, or Premium Customer Service.
- May also have an education or experience background that includes kinesiology, physical therapy, rehabilitation, sports psychology or working with adults over 55 years.
- May have previous swim teaching experience (a plus!) but not required.
- Are very good swimmers, and can demonstrate the skills listed in the Physical Requirements section (it’s okay if we need to help you refine/update your form).
- Must pass a swim test that includes all the skills listed below.
- Have an openness to using video and other technologies to help improve student form.
- Foreign language fluency a plus, especially Spanish
- Love the water, and understand the benefits of an aquatic lifestyle.
- Enjoy people, although you may have a preference working with a particular age group.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Bring a positive, fun attitude to work.
- Think quickly and are creative in your approach to working with people.
- Exude a reliable, mature work ethic, and will follow our cell phone policy rules.
- May be looking for a job that gives you pleasure by doing something good!
- Execute safe, effective, fun swim lessons for any of our levels 4, 5 or 6 of the LifeCycle Swimming Progressive Swim Program. We will train you in this program.
- Educate students and parents of minor students in our water safety curriculum.
- Establish a positive rapport with students and, when appropriate, parents of minor students.
- Help maintain records of student progress, and actionable, constructive feedback.
- Set up teaching supplies before class, and store items after class.
- Periodic deck duties as assigned, such as greeting students, checking people in for class and observing classes and providing feedback.
- Commitment to your assigned schedule and respect for the commitment we make to each student to show up on time and be prepared for each class.
You’ll teach students to be safe in, on and around water, reducing our community’s exposure to drowning accidents. You’ll help students achieve advanced levels of swim technique and encourage a love for swimming – which combined will help students safely enjoy a lifetime of aquatic activities and personal fitness. You’ll help establish LifeCycle Swimming as the premium provider of swim instruction in Essex County, and create opportunities for personal career growth.
- We pay above industry average ($20-$30 p/h) because we want exceptional teachers
- Paid training ($15 p/h)
- Opportunity for personal career growth as we grow
- Flexible hours from 2-30 hours
- Our jobs help maintain employees’ personal fitness
- Establish community connections
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must pass a background check.
- TRAINING PERIOD: JULY-AUG 2019
- JOB STARTS SEP. 2019: Monday and Wednesday Afternoons 4:30-7:30, Saturdays 9:00-12:00 & 2:00-4:00 in the Montclair/Clifton, NJ area.
- Swimming, stairs, kneeling, twisting, reaching, standing, walking, grasping, talking, hearing, vision.
- Excellent swimmer with ability to properly demonstrate and explain:
- Racing Strokes: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Butterfly
- Safety Strokes: Elementary Backstroke, Side-stroke
- Racing Techniques: streamline, flip-turns, open turns, under water pull-outs
- Water Entries: Diving Progression, Pencil Jumps
- Survival floats and treading.
- Survival and safety strategies
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.