We are currently seeking a Painter . Our Painter Personnel are to rack, prep, and spray all primers, in accordance with instructions given by the Paint/Shipping Supervisor or under direct supervision by a qualified trainer. Supply organic coating per LMI and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reading and understanding work order requirements.
- Must be able to identify parts with printed and/or electronic pictures.
- Rack, prep, turn, and solvent clean production parts prior to the application of organic coatings.
- Shake, mix, and apply all primers in accordance with work order instructions and manufacturers technical data sheet.
- Keep Organic Coatings area clean and organized per company 6S requirements.
- Observe safety requirements and use all required safety equipment when necessary.
- Must be available to work overtime when required, including weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Paint/Shipping Supervisor or trainer.
- Handle and transport hazardous waste in accordance with environmental and safety regulations.
- Maintain statistical process control data and use of paint thickness measuring equipment.
- Ability to meet production and quality requirements.
- Participate in team meetings and continuous improvement projects and other duties assigned by team/supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred. Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to be considered for the role.
- Average reading skills with capability of comprehending and retaining information is required.
- Previous experience in spray painting is desired. One to two-year paint experience is preferred.
- Must possess a positive team-player attitude.
- Must have a demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to, eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds
- Must meet physical requirements for wearing respirators including, pulmonary function tests (PFTs), respirator fit tests, and other medical evaluations
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
- Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.