Mabbett and Associates, Inc
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett®) is seeking experienced, competent and self-motivated professionals to support a long-term client of the firm. These are a full-time and part-time positions imbedded at the client’s facility located near the U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C.
The client’s Wellness-Fitness Division (WFD) manages three Fitness Centers (i.e. gymnasium), and provides wellness, nutrition and group-individual physical fitness programs for its personnel. Positions available include full-time, forty (40) hours per week with a general schedule of Monday through Friday, 07:00t to 17:00. Additionally, part-time positions are also available. The wellness and resiliency program is anticipated to expand over the next six months with additional full-time and part-time positions available for additional work shifts, and weekends.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Associate’s degree in physical education-fitness, kinesiology, exercise science, exercise physiology, biomechanics, or athletic training
- 4+ years’ of progressive experience in physical fitness assessments and training, personal coaching, and related activities
- Certification as Personal Trainer (also called a CPT). This may include the American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF), International Sport Sciences Association, or equivalent certification body and proof of Continuing Education Unit’s (CEU’s) necessary for maintaining certification
- The Associate must possess current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and First Aid training and certifications
- The Associate must also have training and experience in fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions and wellness programming; and be qualified to perform various types and levels of group exercise classes including but not limited to calisthenics, stretching, and aerobics
Scope of Work-Daily Activities
The Wellness-Fitness Associate/Specialist will conduct the following specific tasks/scope of work/services as outlined herein:
- Implements the client’s pre-participation evaluation and annual re- stratification process in accordance with the client’s Wellness/Fitness Guidelines and Administrative Policies
- Implement fitness programs (programs may include components such as fitness assessments, exercise plans, equipment and exercise orientations, muscular/strength training, and cardiovascular training) in accordance with the client’s Wellness/Fitness Guidelines and Administrative Policies and agency requirements
- Provide orientation, instruction, and advice on safe and effective use of various pieces of exercise equipment in each of the Fitness Centers
- Provide regularly scheduled group exercise classes (e.g. low, medium, and high impact aerobics, step aerobics, toning and stretching) at various levels (easy to hard)
- Provide daily routine maintenance and cleaning. of existing equipment to help ensure quality, reliability, basic sanitization, and safety. Advise management of fitness equipment which requires more significant maintenance and/or repair in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations
- Notify facility management when necessary regarding overall facility cleanliness and repair including fitness equipment
- Ensure that supplies, equipment, files and personnel records are maintained in a properly secured storage area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office , particularly Word and Excel
- Some lifting and moving of light to medium weight equipment will be required
- The individual selected for this position requires excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and coordination skills since they will be working closely with groups and individuals on a day-to-day basis. The individual must have a positive, constructive and pleasant demeanor
- Valid state/District of Columbia driver’s license and client security clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education-fitness, kinesiology, exercise science, exercise physiology, biomechanics, or athletic training.
- Previous experience working with/for a law enforcement agency
- Past military or law enforcement work experience
- Retired military and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.