The Retail Commission Sales – Jewelry Colleague is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to all customers in jewelry as well as adjacent and nearby families of business. This includes meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, building a clientele using the MyClient system, offering customers our Worry No More Service Plan on eligible jewelry purchases and creating an overall shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome, comfortable, and inspired to buy. Colleagues in this area are expected to participate in ongoing training via the iPad as well as attend vendor and trainer facilitated trainings as required. The colleague is also responsible for fulfillment, recovery, and performing other duties as necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer.
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Ask open-ended questions to determine the customer’s needs, provide options and advice based on their response and suggest additional merchandise or services to complement their selection.
- Offer and promote benefits of extended service plan to all customers purchasing Fine Jewelry or Fine or Fashion Watches.
- Offer to call other locations, order the merchandise online to ship to store, or order the merchandise online to ship to the customer’s home if merchandise is unavailable within store.
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account and encourage non-Macy’s card holder to join our loyalty program by opening a credit card or enrolling in our tender neutral rewards program.
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care.
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible.
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales and correctly communicate them to our customers.
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events including Jewelry Trunk Shows in order to maximize sales.
- Develop product knowledge through use of technology such as POS and iPad, by reading vendor tags/pamphlets, and attending training classes or summits in order to communicate product information to the customer.
- Use Macy’s clientele system to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales performance and build customer loyalty to the Macy’s brand.
- Be proficient in POS and other systems and technology used to drive sales and customer service; Includes but not limited to Search and Send, My Client and More@Macy’s tablet app.
- Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether on Macy’s devices or their own.
- Perform all aspects of the fulfillment process including but not limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping, and preparing Buy Online Pick-up In Store orders promptly .
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally.
- Maintain department recovery and fill-in standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented including but not limited to specific key control and jewelry merchandise protection standards.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned, including watch sizing, utilization of an iPad and other technology, and fitting room recovery.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the People Leader.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous selling and/or customer service experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment. Superior organizational and accuracy along with time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.