Marathon Physical Therapy
Marathon Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine is a privately owned, multi-location practice with a staff of physical therapists, massage therapists, athletic trainers, pilates & yoga instructors, CSCS, and personal trainers with a mission to provide high quality physical therapy along with complementary health & wellness, and performance programs.
The Clinic Manager is responsible for leading the clinic through Marathon’s mission, vision and values to develop a high performing team which consistently delivers growth and extraordinary customer outcomes. In this role, you will have a direct reporting relationship to Marathon’s Director of Services and Profit Sharing opportunities. This is a management role where you will be responsible for day to day operations of the clinic, supervision of clinic staff as well as patient treatment.
Our locations include:
Canton – Dedham – Easton – Newton – Norton – Norwood – Pembroke – Sharon
Ideal candidates will be passionate about personal and professional development, value contributing to and drawing from a strong and multidisciplinary team, strong desire for leading and teaching others to find and grow their potential, and exhibit dedication to the field of health and wellness.
Schedules will include days and evenings.
The Clinic Manager’s Role is to Meet or exceed clinic goals related to operational performance metrics as directed by your manager – Responsible for clinic staffing levels – Serve as the liaison between clinic staff and the district leadership team – Cultivate relationships with patients and the community – Build a team culture which aligns with Marathon’s mission – Support development of team members to ensure high performance. This includes feeling comfortable in providing critical feedback when necessary and annual performance development discussions – Develop individualized plans of care and treat patients through all phases of physical therapy with an emphasis towards compassionate, comprehensive and evidenced based approaches, restoring patients to full functionality – Complete daily patient care, progress and discharge notes – Provide continuous communication with referring physicians and other referral sources – Maintain clinical logs and checklists necessary for compliance – Schedule management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides high quality patient care in accordance with the mission of the organization and as governed by the scope of the license issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Board of Allied Health for a Physical Therapist, including but not limited to patient evaluation, discharge evaluation, treatment plan development, case management, chart documentation and timely physician communication.
- Provide interpretation of prescriptions, performing an initial evaluation, and establishing a treatment plan with functional and/or work related goals.
- Develops Plan of Care that is individualized, evidence based and consistent with clinical best practice.
- Continually evaluates the patient’s response to treatments in order to progress towards goals/outcomes and to revise Plan of Care appropriately.
- Periodic and timely written communication to physicians.
- Documentation: All PT’s are responsible for documenting all treatment and completing all written communications in a timely manner, including but not limited to, initial evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, functional status reports, functional capacity evaluations and insurance /plan of care forms as necessary.
- Appropriate discharge management and patient follow up.
- Meet or exceed current minimum daily/weekly productivity requirements for the position: 1.5 visit per hour/60 visits per week.
- Acquires sufficient knowledge to ensure that individual insurance requirements are met to secure maximum reimbursement for services rendered.
- Attends educational programs and in-services to meet the company’s needs and to maintain professional growth.
- Acquires sufficient knowledge of HIPAA regulations relative to the protection of private health information and implements policies to meet regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for all the overall documentation of patient care, and the prompt delivery of documentation to referring physicians, billing department, and other third parties requiring such information.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff and students.
- Quarterly event coverage (QEC)- Minimum of 3 hours per calendar quarter.
- Coverage includes but is not limited to: Hosting a booth at a health related fair, providing coverage to special events such as sport camps, races, tournaments & lectures.
- Continue to establish and develop professional relations with marathon’s valued referral sources to include:
- Contacts and office visits – Physician’s, PA’s, ARNP’s, Chiropractors, case managers – inform of Marathon’s services, locations, quality of patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance standards.
- Accompany patients to their physician visits (patient visits).
- Interoffice communication and follow up.
- Ensures adherence to the Company’s Corporate Compliance Program including not sharing MPT business and/or marketing strategies with competitors.
- Ensures adherence to all clinic sanitation requirements.
- Demonstrates spirit of cooperation and teamwork and maintains professional working relationships.
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet company needs.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and complexity as directed.
Education and Experience:
Master of Science or Doctorate degree from an accredited physical therapy program.
Current CPR Certification
Has completed all course requirements, including satisfactory clinical affiliations. Can demonstrate professional knowledge, including but not limited to, manual techniques, modalities, exercise programs, clinical documentation, and patient progress assessment.
Current Physical Therapy license issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Board of Allied Health
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Professional Knowledge
- Effective Communicator (Written and Oral)
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Critical Thinker
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, database applications
- Outstanding customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone. Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including visual examination of patient and reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Other: Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds unassisted, including assisting patients when required. Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite health care service. Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
Marathon offers a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program, which includes CEU reimbursement, 401k, health, dental and paid time off.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.