Marathon Physical Therapy
Marathon Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine is a privately owned, multi-location practice with a staff of physical therapists, massage therapists, athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, pilates & yoga instructors, CSCS, and personal trainers with a mission to provide high quality physical therapy along with complimentary Health & Wellness programs.
We have an immediate full-time opening in our CANTON location, for an enthusiastic Customer Service Specialist who has a passion for providing excellent patient and client care for our physical therapy and health & wellness services. Ideal person will be a self-motivated, self-directed individual who will model and promote Marathon’s mission of “Keeping You Well Throughout The Race Of Life”.
Position Description: Summary/Objective The customer service specialist serves patients by greeting and helping them. Performs routine administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, maximizing provider schedules, maintaining records/accounts, and financial reconciliation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Welcomes patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
2. Follows scripted scenarios provided.
3. Optimizes patients’ satisfaction and provider schedule by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone, according to the practice’s scheduling policy; confirms appointments; follows up with “no shows” according to the clinic’s no-show policy
4. Makes reminder calls to patients with upcoming appointments (Evaluations and cash-based one-on-one appointments).
5. Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival, when possible.
6. Maintain the reception and front desk area.
7. New/existing/returning patients: Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information with authorization department (electronically or by phone) to verify that the patient is covered by that insurance, as needed. Corrects any registration errors.
8. Assists patients in completing medical history, consent and acknowledgement forms, if necessary
9. Request needed updates for all returning/new/existing patients
10. Checks in the patient; collects co-pays and outstanding balances on patient accounts
11. Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
12. Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
13. Fills open slots in the daily schedule; schedules future appointments as available for patients and directed by the provider
14. Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
15. Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; end of shift reconciliation.
16. Performs photocopying, faxing and other clerical duties
17. Manages inventory of non-clinical office supplies; orders and reports needs
18. Opens and distributes mail, as authorized
19. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Initiative, Ethical Conduct, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing , Professionalism, Quality Focus, Communication proficiency and computer proficiency.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; or hear. The employee must occassionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and distance vision.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.