Medical Mutual of Ohio
Performs a primary or lead role in the preparation of internal financial statements, audited financial statements and regulatory reporting through complex general accounting activities and analysis.
- Performs adhoc analysis and research as identified by Financial Reporting management.
- Independently prepares and/or coordinates regulatory reporting preparation, completes complex portions of reports and assists in the review of certain schedules.
- Reviews certain account reconciliations, and/or financial statements and other work performed by staff accountants.
- Prepares monthly general ledger journal entries that impact assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reconciles complex general ledger accounts ensuring the accuracy of reported balances. Researches any reconciling items and take necessary action to correct these items.
- May serve as a resource and provide training to the staff and senior accountants.
- May contribute to the preparation of the audited financial statements and footnotes.
- Bachelor’s degree with Accounting, Finance or Business Administration Major.
- 3-5 years of experience as a professional accountant including experience with monthly financial statement reporting, close processes and exposure to accounting research.
- Statutory accounting experience preferred.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and ability to apply the appropriate accounting standards to the relevant job duties. Statutory accounting knowledge preferred.
- Intermediate MS Office skills, including MS Access.
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we’ve received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
Primary Location: US-OH-Cleveland
Work Locations: Cleveland – Headquarters 2060 East Ninth Street Cleveland 44115
Job: 7 – General Staff
Organization: Financial Reporting & Analysis
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2019, 1:24:47 PM
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.