Medical Mutual of Ohio
Vice President, Innovation
- Identify, develop and execute high-impact innovation strategy and roadmap aligned to strategic business goals and growth priorities.
- Manage a balanced portfolio of growth projects focused on product, service, process, and business model innovation.
- Work closely with the business teams to create viable business models and commercialization strategies for mature innovations.
- Analyze existing practices to isolate areas ripe for improvement or enhancement.
- Promote the company’s innovation agenda; influence and obtain support from leaders and senior management for successful execution of the agenda.
- Develop and maintain strong ties with teams; educate and train teams on new solutions and innovations; drive innovation, presentations and innovation sessions.
- Act as the Innovation champion for the entire organization. Educate and provide necessary support for new innovators in the company and lead by example.
- Ensure timely, successful commercialization of innovation initiatives.
- Track and report on innovation metrics and business impact on a regular basis.
- Establish company as a recognized innovation leader among customer and industry groups to build brand and attract and retain talent.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated innovation and strategy experience. 8+ years preferred. Health insurance industry experience preferred.
- Successful track record of team leadership.
- Product development
- Project management
- Operational understanding
- Understanding of industry landscape including emerging innovation, competition and changes in reimbursement models that will drive future opportunities
- Understanding of current and pending legal and regulatory landscape impacting health plans
- Data and Analytical prowess
- Tech – both programming and understanding of emerging technologies
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That’s why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we’ve received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations.
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We’re the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we’ve been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Primary Location US-OH-Cleveland
Work Locations Cleveland – Headquarters 2060 East Ninth Street Cleveland 44115
Job 2 – Vice President
Organization IT Development
Employee Status Executive
Job Type Full-time
Job Level Day Job
Job Posting Oct 13, 2020, 11:59:22 AM
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.