At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Dietitian III is responsible for the application of evidence based medical nutrition therapy for the evaluation and treatment of patients of all ages identified as possessing nutrition risk. Areas of responsibility include assessment of nutritional needs, provision of medical nutrition therapy, and nutrition education.
The incumbent is required to function on a multi-disciplinary team as a resource and to share expertise and apply feedback to improve patient outcomes to physician staff and others. The Dietitian III will provide guidance and assistance to Dietitians I and II and will serve as a preceptor. Will collaborate with management and dietitian staff in providing feedback to improve processes and to apply best practice principles.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Food & Nutrition or related area required
- Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and licensed with Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
- CPR Certification (Heart Saver only) from either American Red Cross orAmerican Heart Association or obtained within six (6) months of hire
- Earn and maintain a specialty certification provided by any of the following credentialing bodies:
- CDR: Gerontological Nutrition (CSG), Oncology Nutrition (CSO), Pediatric Nutrition (CSP), Renal Nutrition (CSR), Sports Dietetics (CSSD)
- The National Board of Nutrition Support Certification (NBNSC): Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC)
- National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Board Certified- Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM)
- Accreditation Council for Clinical Lipidology: Clinical Lipid Specialist (CLS)
- The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA): Certified Personal Trainers (NSCA-CPT)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Four (4) or more years of clinical nutrition experience or upon one (1) year of employment obtains career ladder criteria to maintain level III classification
- Master’s degree (must be related to the field of nutrition) is commensurate to one (1) year of experience
- Doctoral degree (must be related to the field of nutrition) is commensurate to two (2) years experience
- Strong competency in nutritional care and skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to interact positively with many types of people
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann
- Provides medical nutrition therapy at an advanced level in area of specialty in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Establishes goals and priorities for nutrition care of patients.
- Conducts nutrition assessments.
- Develops and implements individualized nutrition care plans with ongoing evaluation of nutrition status.
- Consults with the medical team regarding implementation and monitoring of nutrition support regimens.
- Formulates and provides medical nutrition therapy at an advanced level to customers appropriate for the age of the patient or population being served.
- Modifies nutrition regimens according to patient’s food preferences, tolerances, and cultural and religious preferences.
- Documents nutrition care plans in the medical record, including nutrition assessment, monitoring parameters, goals and recommendations and expected or resultant outcomes.
- Provides nutrition education and expertise to physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Provides nutrition education to patients and/or families that are appropriate for age, religious beliefs, and cultural background.
- Directs health care team in attaining positive nutrition outcomes for assigned patients, including meeting treatment goals.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.