Hey there! I’m John Heringer, Founder and Chief Motivator at Method3 Fitness, a fitness studio in San Jose dedicated to helping people improve the way they move, eat, and think so they can achieve their goals and live stronger for today. Thanks for visiting our post!
We are continuing to conquer COVID-19 one workout at a time and we need a new , awesome FULL-TIME coach to add to our team!
Specifically, our new coach will work some of the following shifts:
5am-12pm AND/OR 12pm-8pm
We’re seeking a career-oriented Fitness Coach who is results-driven, passionate, charismatic, and who is dedicated to changing lives by integrating fitness and health. This person would be responsible for leading both small group fitness workouts and personal training sessions…on site, outdoors AND online via video conference.
This is a FULL TIME position with approximately 30-40 hours per week necessary. This is a crazy time and we need a flexible person ready to adapt to on-site/outdoor workouts as well as online and be ready to coach sessions in the morning and/or evening.
An incredible career, benefits, and opportunities for future upward mobility await the right candidate.
So whether you have a background as a personal trainer, strength and conditioning specialist, fitness coach, or fitness instructor, as long as you are certified, have some experience, have a positive attitude and great work ethic, then I encourage you to apply today.
Roles, Responsibilities and Tasks You’ll Expected To Perform
- Follow the Method3 Fitness workout format and deliver the highest level of coaching: We are fanatical about delivering the best fitness experience possible in our group fitness workouts and personal training sessions so you need to be a great coach and “bring it” to every workout.
- Bring TONS of energy and enthusiasm to every workout: If you don’t have an infectious personality and the ability to motivate and inspire people to have fun with fitness then this is not the position for you.
- Develop Comprehensive Health and Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, and you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training knowledge as well.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track monthly (and sometimes weekly) progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and check in both via phone and email. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Basic fitness assessment skills and the ability to test for body composition, bodyweight, and girth measurements is a must. Additional evaluation methods are a bonus. These have changed a bit in our “minimal to no touch” environment but you still need to know how to do them.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. We need you to be able to provide proper coaching, form correcting and cueing during all group and personal training sessions. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for a client’s goals.
- Good knowledge of technology: In today’s world, we’re using streaming video and coaching clients via computer. You need to be well versed with technology and comfortable coaching clients in person and remotely.
- Physical Requirements: This is a fitness coach position so physical effort is required for daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting and prolonged standing and walking. You must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 45+ pounds
Required Skills and Experience
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills – Our clients are like family. We strive to create personal connections and have fun and we also expect our Team to treat them respectfully and to deliver exceptional service. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to clients.
- People skills and personality – You must LOVE working with people! This is a fun, fast-paced studio, and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Nationally Accredited Certification – As a Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR and AED certified
- TONS of Positive Energy, Enthusiasm and Motivation! (did I mention that already? It’s important.)
How To Apply
If a position with our fun, life-changing company sounds good to you, and you are interested in becoming a part of our Team then I encourage you to apply today! We don’t have openings often so I expect a high level of candidates and I hope you’re one of them!
At Method3 Fitness we are 110% committed to our clients by creating the most unique and fulfilling group fitness and personal training experience possible. Please only apply if you feel you can help us raise the bar even higher.
Thanks and we look forward to speaking with you!
1918 Camden Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
We have extensive safety protocols already in place and are safely coaching clients outdoors and indoors within capacity guidelies. Our team and our members are like family and we take care of each other.
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.