Meyers Pet Care
I don’t know your name.
I don’t know where you’re from.
If you’re here on the Meyer’s website looking for work, you’re probably looking for a push of some sort.
A kick of inspiration.
I’m not sure.
But if you’re here, you’re looking for something.
If you’re just looking for a J-O-B or the next good “opportunity” to move up the career ladder, this is probably not for you.
But if you’re looking for something different, maybe it’s here as our Communications Director.
We’re not a huge team so every seat counts, and everyone has the opportunity to contribute.
Let’s tell you a little more to help you decide.
We have a Marketing Team that is bigger than the sum of its parts. We’re on a mission to inspire every dog owner. Behavior problems, grooming problems, who-can-take-care-of me-well problems, and lots-of-energy problems are disrupting the relationship of everyday people and their dogs.
We want to CHANGE that. We HAVE to. It has to stop.
We want people to be free from the chains of these problems so they can have the dog relationship they were meant to have.
Our mission to change the world isn’t easy. We experience resistance every day because we have a big task. We’re weird. We actually hate seeing the relationship wrong.
Our whole team has over 50 pet care experts, trainers, groomers, daycare teachers, guides, marketers and directors who all want to help people take control of their relationship with the dog and their lives.
This isn’t just a job. It’s a mission.
And we need more help.
But this mission isn’t for everyone.
It’s hard. And most people don’t have what it takes.
But . . . if your heart skips a little beat as you read this and you’re thinking, I want to know more, keep reading.
You cannot think you are the coolest in the world. You must be humble. You must be hungry. You must be people-smart.
You must have a great attitude and be able to partner and build relationships with the people you’re working with.
You must have some natural charisma and magnetism—meaning you’ve figured out your personality strengths and know how to use them to be influential. Being on this Marketing Team is about influence and passion, not position.
You must be a great listener and learner who always asks questions.
You must be able to take feedback well.
You must never give up trying to find the best answer but be able to ship something when it’s time and move on.
You must be confident and comfortable in your own skin. We call it self-awareness.
You must work well with others. It’s not all about you; it’s about the team.
You must realize that there is no they. There is only us.
You must be GREAT at your discipline—whether it’s writing, designing, branding, editing or managing projects—and know how to use both the foundational and the latest tools that go along with that.
You must be able to see the big picture and make sure everything works well together.
You must show up, work hard, and be kind.
There are obviously many more things to get into, but the things we listed above are all the things that make our team special. We must have these attributes if we are going to cause real change in people’s lives. And that is our mission.
We take our work seriously. That’s because our work matters. We see lives changed on a daily basis and that motivates us to work even harder.
We also take family seriously. While we’re at work, we focus on work. But when we go home, we focus entirely on our families. That’s because we value family time as much as you do.
We definitely take fun seriously. When we’re not working hard, we make sure to enjoy things like frequent celebrations, team lunches, our annual Battle of the Sides, and one legendary Christmas party.
And by the way, we’re not stuffy or corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan match on first 3%
- H reimbursement: $2500 a year
- Fun compelling meetings on a weekly basis
- Ongoing personal and professional development training by the best in the industry
- Paid and Unpaid time off packages
- Health Insurance Plan
- Deeply discounted products and services for your pets
- TASC Flex Program availability
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together
If you read all that and you think it sounds fantastic, please apply! We’ll take a look at your stuff and see if it’s what we’re looking for. If it’s not, don’t be discouraged. It’s just not the kind of stuff we’re looking for at this point.
Thanks for reading all this and here is the real formal stuff because we want someone who wants to know the details.
The Meyer’s Internal Marketing team is looking for a passionate leader, a Communications Director to lead the marketing and strategies for our fast-growing pet care facilities. Meyer’s Pet Care vision is to be the world’s most trusted and favorite guide in the pet care industry. In 2018, we helped almost 63,000 pets in their needs for lodging, grooming, training, doggy daycare, and products and we’re looking to significantly grow that number in the years ahead.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
As the Communications Director, you will be running point on all marketing activities, including creating winning strategies, planning and execution by working closely and collaborating with our cross-functional teams. We are not looking for just any director, but a Meyer ambassador and humble leader who can implement the strategies, automations and campaigns that will take this business to the next level. You must be able to create exceptional marketing strategies while not being afraid to roll up your sleeves and drive initiatives forward. The director is accountable for the public perception of the company and managing this perception involves understanding the importance of timing and setting, responding to setbacks, overseeing a team of diverse creative and communication roles and ensuring that information released is consistent and cohesive with the mission and values of the Meyer brand.
Working closely with the Social Media Leader, the person in this role will help create strategies, vision and goals and then help lead the team to meet those goals. This position will report directly to the General Director and owners of Meyer’s.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years in communications, marketing, and leadership experience required
- 2+ years of hands-on experience managing paid search through Google AdWords, Facebook and managing organic search campaigns
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, lead & grow team members through performance reviews, training, & coaching
- Develop a cohesive communications strategy through E-mail, websites, social media, and all platforms that we communicate to customers through
- Cultivate an environment of readiness and alertness
- Ensure quality control of all information released
- Maximize media opportunities & fully vet all opportunities to the owners
- Develop internal publications like newsletters, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, video, special projects and assignments
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines
- Strategize, manage and create a wide variety of engaging online tactics, funnels and campaigns
- Create and implement quarterly and yearly marketing campaigns to deliver results
- Work closely with content, email, SEO, SEM and social media teams to increase traffic
- Manage digital marketing sequences, customer flows and triggered automations
- Maintain working knowledge of marketing channel performance and on-site analytics
- Generate regular reports for business leaders to illustrate progress toward goals
- Stay current on search trends, tools and resources
- Identify, monitor and report on competitors
– Strong ability to craft engaging ROI- focused campaigns to target markets
- Manage a communications budget to include ad spending to maintain marketing efforts
- Strong presentational & organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to collaborative problem-solving and creating systems
- Energetic, results oriented and accountable team leader
- Ability to read, interpret, and train staff to follow company policies, procedures, & initiatives
- Ability to work a few weekends a year
- Passionate about email marketing, serving and helping meeting customers needs
- Ability to track and analyze data regarding the success of campaigns
- Willingness to learn about Meyer’s their principles and gain a passion for what we do
- Ability to organize and manage multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Proficiency with a variety of software tools
- Define and align product messaging with market demands
- Through interviews, surveys, focus groups, and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas
- Drive projects that include coordinating resources such as content, creative, and development
- Working knowledge and experience with SEO, SEM, social, paid social, marketing automation, email, inbound marketing, Google analytics and CRMs automation, lead generation, content strategy, etc.
- Passion for creating a world-class user experience
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Position requires demonstrated applied skills with various communication programs like Keap, Photoshop, Instagram, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven
- Passion for serving, learning and leading
- Possesses strong business and leadership skills
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.