MISSION ROAD MINISTRIES
Assist in providing Supported Employment to clients of Unicorn Center in an integrated setting with on-going individualized support services. Responsible for providing supports (Employment Assistance) to help clients locate paid employment in the community. Perform outcome-based supported employment services through the model of the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitation Services (DARS.) Leads a targeted prospecting process for job development.
Essential Job Duties
In this position you will assist clients with IDD in finding competitive employment in the community. Each Employment Specialist deals within their own caseload of clients.
- Must be organized and have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Lots of documentation required.
- Ability to organize your own schedule in order to satisfy the needs of your clients
- Must network within the community to find leads on jobs for potential clients
- Ability to communicate regularly and professional required
- Ability to work independently, lots of work in the field (San Antonio area).
- Teaching skills a must as you will provide instruction once employment is obtained for your clients.
Requirements: High School diploma or GED, and 3 years documented experience in a professional or personal setting routinely working with a person with disabilities. Must be at least 21 years old to drive a company vehicle.
About the shift: This is a full-time, 40 hour/week shift. However, the shift can be variable at times depending upon the needs of your clients. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Preference: A Bachelor’s degree in rehabilitation business marketing or related human services and 1 year documented experience in a professional or personal setting routinely working with a person with disabilities
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Valid Texas Drivers license, clear driving record. University of North Texas certified training requirements for DARS that includes 1) Job Coach & Job Skills Trainer, 2) Job Placement Specialist, and 3) Supported Employment Specialist. Will complete these trainings once hired and on the job.
Location: Office out of Unicorn Centers, 4630 Hamilton Wolfe Rd, 78229. Mobile position, as you provide assistance to individuals served throughout the San Antonio area. Company vehicle use allotted or mileage reimbursement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.