POSITION TITLE: Group Exercise Instructor
DIRECT REPORT: Group Exercise Team Leader
POSITION STATUS: Part-time
COMPENSATION: Commission based
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To provide state of the art group exercise instruction that contributes to each member health and fitness goals. To develop and instruct fun, energetic and highly motivational exercise classes for all fitness and skill levels.
- Maintains a quality class by arriving 10 minutes prior to the start of class, having music ready and cued, programming prepared, start and end class on time.
- Maintains accurate records of class attendance. Meets attendance goal set by Group Exercise Team Leader. .
- Effectively learns new releases, programming and follows MVP Sports Clubs guidelines for MOSSA program shelf life. Works with Group Exercise Team Leader on modifying any non-MOSSA programs.
- Ensures that the group exercise areas are clean and safe at all times. Oversees the preventive maintenance and proper usage and storage of all equipment.
- Communicates with Group Exercise Team Leader regarding all equipment, recommending replacement equipment for lost or damaged items. Ensures a safe working environment for all members, guests, and staff.
- Ensures the orientation of each new member by educating them on execution, programming, appropriate options and equipment.
- Resolves any member issues through effective customer service skills and referral to the appropriate authority. Enforces club rules and guidelines, taking appropriate action where indicated and reporting any problems to the Group Exercise Team Leader.
- Respond in emergency situations, notifying the appropriate authority.
- Participates in quarterly event days promoting the club and group fitness and appreciating members.
- Personally maintains a working knowledge of basic theoretical concepts and keeps current with research and trends in the field. Maintains certifications and membership in professional organizations. MOSSA certified instructors watch quarterly education.
- Encouraged to substitute when and where necessary, bearing in mind the maximum amount of classes allowed to be taught per week is 10.
- Responsible to obtain substitutes for classes and relay information to Group Exercise Team Leader.
- Instructs, as defined by MVP Sports Clubs, each group exercise class format as listed in the operating guidelines.
- Able to authentically move and execute the fitness element being trained, including moving in time to music and safely demonstrating movements.
- Ensure participant experience during class through original scripting, variety in coaching and a positive encouraging demeanor that facilitates participant success.
- Adheres to additional responsibilities and policies, adapting to changes and needs of the company.
- Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current certifications through ACE, ACSM, AFAA or NSCA or any unique certifications pertaining to a specialized group exercise class and/or format.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience teaching various or specific group exercise programs preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must have physical ability to instruct appropriate classes; for specific class requirements as outlined by industry standards of certifications and or training including but not limited to, yoga, kickboxing, cycling, weight training, aquatics, etc. These physical requirements include but are not limited to, bending, lifting, pushing, and carrying up to 50 lbs, rhythmic limbering, held isometric poses, kicks, punches, stretching, choreographed movement and calisthenics, etc.
- Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; Life/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
BENEFITS: Athletic Club access for team member and immediate family, discounts on membership for additional family members, member rates for participation in lessons/programs and 25% retail discount.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.