nbkc isn’t your average bank. We take your traditional financial institution and make it better. Personal checking and savings accounts, home loans, business accounts — we do all of that. We’re cool about it, though.
We know what we offer our customers is only as good as the people behind the scenes who keep it going. That’s why we make sure you’re supported and encouraged along the way. You’ll work with awesome people in a fun and forward-thinking environment and accomplish plenty of things you’ll wanna brag about.
We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our rockstar Finance team. A staff accountant assists in maintaining the accounting records of the bank including preparation of monthly account reconciliations, regulatory reporting submissions, financial analysis, and projects. Check out more details below.
What you’ll do
- Prepare timely reconciliations of general ledger and internal bank accounts.
- Note discrepancies between general ledger and account records.
- Maintain communication with employees in all departments concerning outstanding items and their status and resolve items in a timely manner.
- Track currency for branches and ATMs/ITMs
- Pledge securities/currency when necessary
- Contribute to quarterly preparation of the Call Report
- Process ACH files as needed
- Act as a backup for various functions within the department
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- 1-2 years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong mathematical inclination with the ability to make calculations/computations
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet established deadlines
- Solid communications skills
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
Our Hiring Process
After our HR team reviews your application and feels you’re a potential fit we will reach out with next steps. Things move fast at nbkc bank, and we work hard to meet our candidates on their time- sometimes that’s a phone screen, video interview, or even a cup of coffee before coming in to check out our space and meet our team. We are committed to keeping you updated along the way.
Here’s what you can look forward to when you join our team:
- Take care of yourself and your family with our comprehensive health coverage
- Save more for your future with our 401k retirement savings plan + a sweet company match with immediate vesting.
- Enjoy 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and 8 paid volunteer hours per year
- Spend time bonding with your family with paid parental leave options
- On-site gym facilities, personal trainer, and yoga instructor will get you moving
- On-site flu shots and health screenings make it easy to stay healthy
- Professional coaching and learning sessions help you build the career you want
- Casual dress code and work environment let you be yourself
- Arcade games and open spaces to meet and work on every floor keep your brain moving
- Flexible schedules let you take care of what you need to in and out of the office
- Enjoy a $1000 travel voucher or an extra week of PTO for your 5-year anniversary
- Take a 4-week paid sabbatical for your 10-, 18-, and 25-year anniversaries
Awards + accolades
We’ve been named one of KC’s Best Places to Work by Glassdoor in 2019 and the KCBJ in 2017, 2018, & 2019 ( yes, that’s a three-peat)… won a Glassdoor Top-Rated CEO Award, are Health KC Platinum certified, and were nominated as one of KCBJ’s coolest office spaces in town.
Our customers love us too. All our 5-star reviews? We know that’s a direct result of our employees feeling supported, valued, and invested in everything they do at nbkc.
Needless to say… people really like working here.
And we think you will too.
Join us to find out!
nbkc bank is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.