NIA Community Services Network
Fitness Instructors for after-school programs are responsible for planning and leading structured activities for students in grades K-5.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Successfully lead after-school activities with groups of students for grades K-5;
· Work collaboratively with co-workers who assist in the classroom;
· Submit written lesson plans in a timely manner;
· Effectively manage the classroom and address student behavior issues in a positive, professional manner;
· Communicate clearly and positively with students, co-workers, and supervisors;
· Maintenance of the classroom and supplies; and
· MUST be available, on-time, and prepared to work during assigned hours, for three hours a day, between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM (Exact hours vary depending upon location).
Qualifications and Skills:
· At least 1 year of prior experience teaching or facilitating group activities with students;
· High school diploma required;
· College coursework in the areas of education, youth development, or Fitness is expected; and
· Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
· Begins at $16 – $20 per hour, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a resume and cover letter. Applications submitted without a resume and cover letter will not be considered. Only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Fitness Instructor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Elementary Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.