North Penn YMCA
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Water Exercise Instructor is responsible for the development, organization and instruction of various levels of group water exercise classes. This position may involve early morning, evening and weekend responsibilities. This job is performed to standard when all work is completed accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Requires knowledge of and experience related to teaching in the area of aqua aerobics and other water fitness classes with proper exercise technique, principles and procedures
- Aqua Fitness certification required and an understanding of physical education principles as well as ability to work with people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Effective Communication; written, oral and through presentations
- Must have strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, pursue Aqua Fitness certification
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards
- Ability to process, understand and respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Leads energizing, fun, safe and educational classes as directed by the director, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals
- Assist in set up and break down of necessary aquatic equipment and ensure that all equipment is in safe working condition
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the North Penn YMCA
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform the following physical activities adequately: swimming, standing, sitting, squatting, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Ability to function under inside and outside environmental conditions
- Ability to lift or carry up to twenty-five (25) pounds
- Ability to perform the following sensory and communicative activities adequately: hearing and seeing; reading, writing, speaking English fluently.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- water fitness: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid CPR AED (Required)
- water fitness (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.