Northern Kentucky University
Provide a comprehensive one-on-one competent fitness program. Produce competent exercisers by providing in-depth information on equipment usage and lifestyle management.
The major aspects of the personal training program include but are not limited to: personal attention during sessions, appropriate program design which safely assists clients in reaching their goals while monitoring progress via fitness assessments and program tracking.
1.Represent the Department of Campus Recreation as a personal trainer for the Fitness Program in a positive and responsible manner.
2. Provide excellent customer service skills.
3. Provide clients with in-depth information on equipment usage and lifestyle management.
4. Develop safe and effective exercise prescriptions based on client’s individual goals and needs.
5. Record and track progress with each client.
6. Schedule and keep training appointments with clients.
7. Keep all certifications up to date through continuing education etc.
9. Attend ALL mandatory trainings/meetings.
10. Treat all clients with positive regard.
1. Must be friendly and customer service oriented.
2. Must be able to follow written and verbal directions.
3. Must be punctual and professional.
4. Ability to meet with clients in a variety of times.
5. Must be available to train a minimum of 5 hours per week.
6. Ability to attend ALL in-service trainings and meetings.
7. Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
1. Must be certified by a credible agency (i.e. ACSM, ACE, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM)
2. Must be able to demonstrate proper body mechanics, modification of exercise and safety cues for exercise -Tell, Show, Do!
1. Ability to demonstrate and assist clients/trainers with Campus Recreation Fitness Equipment including TRX.
2. Must maintain adequate personal fitness
THIS POSITION DOES NOT INCLUDE BENEFITS.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Minimum Education High School Diploma Preferred Education Some College Minimum Experience Less than 1 year Salary $15.00 / hour Pay Grade N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.