NYC Health + Hospitals
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
The position is part of NYC Test & Trace Corps.
NYC Residency Required
The Test and Trace Corps (T2) is looking for a Testing Quality and Safety Manager to join the team. T2 – the City’s initiative to test all New Yorkers, break chains of COVID-19 transmission in a timely fashion through contact tracing, and ensure they can isolate and quarantine safely – is pivotal in order to further decrease the transmission of the COVID-19 virus in New York City.
T2 is looking to hire a Testing Quality and Safety Manager that will be responsible for implementing a “train the trainer” workforce training model, developing emergency protocols for staff working at COVID-19 testing sites, and ensuring on-site infection control and quality assurance at the testing sites. The Testing Quality and Safety Manager will manage a small team of trainers to support COVID-19 testing across more than 30 new COVID-19 testing sites run by T2.
Reporting to the Director of Staffing and Clinical Operations, the Testing Quality and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing and training a small team of trainers that will conduct local safety and quality orientation and on-site trainings with staff working at T2 testing sites, delivering a curriculum that includes standardized workflows, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) use, and specimen collection and management
- Supporting adherence to clinical and non-clinical workflows in daily operations at test sites after testing staff’ complete orientation training through auditing and on-site re-training
- Assisting in development and implementation of emergency protocols and ensuring adherence to protocols through training, auditing and re-training
- Support workflow development and re-training when new testing workflows/initiatives are implemented at testing sites to ensure on-site infection control and quality assurance
- Considers and reviews working environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with health and safety standards and regulations for testing staff assignments.
- Investigates accidents and incidents to identify causes, prepares reports and recommend potential control measures for mitigation of related safety and health issues for future.
- Serves as point of contact for testing staff and COVID-19 Test Site Operational Leads to escalate safety and health concerns encountered during testing efforts.
- Other related duties as assigned
1. Licensed and currently registered to practice as a professional nurse in New York State, plus (2) or (3), below.
2. Masters Degree in Nursing Administration, Education, Clinical Specialty or equivalent field and five years of satisfactory nursing experience, of which three years shall have been in a supervisory or teaching capacity; or a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and six years of satisfactory nursing experience, four years of which shall have been in a supervisory or teaching capacity.
3. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience. However, all candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Candidate must be reliable for independent work, be able to lead change as part of a collaborative team, and have some management experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including ability to tailor technical material to a variety of audiences (e.g., administrative and technical leaders; front-line staff);
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, transparency and accountability in all work product
- Formal training and/or certifications in the field of occupational safety and health a plus.
- 3 or more years of clinical education and/or clinical experience.
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility and an enthusiastic work ethic.
- Training delivery required
- Infection control required
- Clinical testing required
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $56,337.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Nursing: 6 years (Required)
- Supervising Experience: 3 years (Required)
- NYS Registered Nurse (Required)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.