Octapharma Plasma, Inc.
Want to Expand
your career-development potential,
your ability to help donors and patients,
and your access to professional opportunities?
We’re growing fast.
[You can, too!]
There are so many ways Octapharma Plasma can enhance your life and your career. Our strong growth is creating great learning and career development opportunities throughout our company, and especially our donation centers. Because you’re someone who loves to learn, enjoys people, and has a real heart to help, we encourage you to join us as a:
This is What You’ll Do:
- Planning, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating training programs and policies at the center level
- Coordinates, facilitates, administers, monitors and evaluates effectiveness of training efforts and implements corrective action as necessary.
- Partners with center leadership and Quality to access instructional effectiveness by determining the impact of training on employee skills and the impact on center KPI’s.
- Works with Center Management to ensure training needs are identified, planned, aligned and addressed.
- Works in the production areas of the donor center as required by Center Leadership.
- Monitors training reports within Learning Management System for the respective roles to assure that initial and annual training is completed on time for each role and individual staff members.
- Trains employees on SOPs, company policy, safety and regulatory guidelines and changes.
- Creates and maintains compliant training records and files and ensures training schedules and documentation is up to date in accordance with laws, regulations, and company SOPs.
- Monitors new hire training and ensures timely completion and effectiveness of training, including the deployment of new hire on-boarding, coordinating schedules and follow up with the Designated Trainer’s responsible for training.
- Performs duties as a Designated Trainer including, but not limited to, conducting on-the-job and certification training for new and existing employees to meet regulatory requirements.
- Assists Center Leadership in the selection process, and training as well as evaluating the performance and effectiveness of Designated Trainers.
- Ensures all certifications, including state specific licenses/certifications, are maintained, tracked and recorded within required time frames.
- Meets weekly with Center Leadership team to provide updates and work with them on new hire progress, SOP changes and rollouts, scheduling issues, training concerns.
- Collaborates with Center Leadership to ensure cross-training opportunities are identified and effectively utilized for staff.
- Performs as a member of the Safety Committee and completes periodic safety checklist, conducts safety presentation at monthly staff meeting, ensures OSHA documentation is posted timely in the center and implements ad hoc training that addresses violation observations.
- Works with Quality on targeted training to address deviation issues identified.
- Provides updates to Field Leadership team on center training issues.
- Supports the audit process and works with Center and Field Quality Leadership teams to address training in response to audit findings, corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of personnel information, donor information and donor center information.
This is Who You Are:
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and follow protocol are required.
- Proven ability to conduct training using effective training techniques.
- Ability to prioritize assignments while working on various projects simultaneously.
- Proven oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate consistency and reliability (good attendance, punctual, apply full effort throughout shift, flexibility with assigned schedule).
This is What It Takes:
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Experience in training, Designated Trainer or education role.
- Must have completed documentation of training appropriate for duties prior to performing duties independently and/or training staff.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have basic computer knowledge and Microsoft Office skills.
- Able to make accurate and complete documentation.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal Regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) preferred.
- Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts on a frequent basis.
- Certification as Sr. Medical Screener, Phlebotomist and Sr. Processing Technician required, or ability to obtain certification within six (6) months of acquiring position. Where state licensure is required for one (1) of these positions, a clear understanding of the procedures can substitute.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to tug, lift, and pull up to thirty-five pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, or kneel.
- Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Ability to view video display terminal less than 18” away from face for extended periods of time, up to four (4) hours at a time.
- The employee is required to enter an environment with a temperature of -40C for short periods.
Do Satisfying Work. Earn Real Rewards and Benefits.
We’re widely known and respected for our benefits and for leadership that is supportive and hands-on. Managers who truly want you to grow and excel.
- Formal training
- Outstanding plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Wellness program
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Personal time
More About Octapharma Plasma Inc.
With donation centers and team members throughout the U.S., Octapharma Plasma, Inc. collects plasma to create life-saving medicines for patients worldwide. We are growing at an impressive pace, and so is the positive impact of our work. Our community relies on teamwork, compassion, and expertise to get things done the right way, while making a meaningful difference in the lives we touch.
Interested? Learn more online and apply now at:
And if you know someone else who’d be a great fit at Octapharma Plasma, Inc., please forward this posting along!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.