The Zone4 Fitness Coach is responsible for instructing Zone4 sessions based on business needs and schedule, providing a safe and energizing workout session for all members, promoting and introducing Zone4 to all members, guests, and visitors to exceed all sales goals, and increase retention.
- Instruct morning, evening, and weekend Zone4 sessions
- Instruct make-up sessions as needed
- Maintain clean and organized Zone4 workout space and equipment
- Actively promote the sale of Zone4 and other programs
- Interact positively with members to ensure satisfaction and retention
- Implement weekly group workout sessions and make-up sessions as needed
- Design programs consistent with Zone4 training routine design and program expectations
- Coach 10-24 people in a group setting
- Monitor client workouts
- Monitor client improvement through body composition
- Manage complimentary training sessions for club members
- Clean and organize all fitness equipment and space after each session
- Report all broken equipment to supervisor
- Attend all mandatory meetings
- Record all hours worked
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Complete all in-house staff training as assigned
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work early morning, evening, and weekend hours as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to motivate and nurture others
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
Required Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Personal training experience preferred
- Nationally recognized personal training certification from a US Fitness accepted provider is required
- CPR/AED certification required
- Participate in professional development and continuing education opportunities in order to maintain national certification
Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Gift
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Relocation:Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO is the LAW
EEO is the LAW Supplement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.