Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Technical Product Trainer to help our internal stakeholders build the expertise they need to effectively launch, sell and support Ookla products. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping others learn to use complex technical products and excited to employ your personal blend of technical writing, instructional design, business training and project management skills to ensure success. As part of our Product team, you’ll be responsible for determining the needs of internal users and delivering relevant and impactful learning experiences appropriate for each audience.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here].
Expectations for Success
- Work with the Product team and subject matter experts to develop internally-facing documentation and training materials for all Ookla products.
- Develop an internal training program and conduct training sessions with key stakeholders – including the Accounts, Marketing and Support teams – to enable the successful launch, sale and support of Ookla products.
- Measure training effectiveness and continuously improve to drive increased user satisfaction, adoption, and enthusiasm.
- Implement, evangelize and maintain an internal knowledge base for product documentation and training materials to ensure all stakeholders can discover and utilize the material effectively.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Marketing and Support teams to support the development and maintenance of sales enablement collateral and externally-facing documentation.
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Previous technical writing, instructional design, and business training experience with increasing responsibility and a record of successfully delivering robust training materials and impactful learning experiences.
- Background and expertise aligned with understanding and documenting the value of data analytics products, APIs, SDKs or similar technical products and services is critical; experience in the service assurance or telecommunications industry helpful but not required.
- Energized by collaboration with changing priorities and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Proficiency with communication, collaboration, and productivity software, such as MS Office, Google Suite, and Atlassian Confluence is necessary.
- Experience and preference for working in an Agile development environment helpful but not required.
We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks. Our comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.
While our preference is to have this person located in our wonderful Seattle Office, conveniently located in the downtown Seattle, we are also open to having this position be remote. We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. This role will be required to travel occasionally to our Seattle headquarters post Covid.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.