It’s an exciting time at PAC Worldwide
We recently set out to grow twice our size in five years. In 2018, year three, we already surpassed our year five goal. Our vision is to continue that trajectory, which means PAC’s explosive growth is yours, too.
From competitive benefits, to our employee-first company values, we are committed to investing in the people we care about. We now have a formal program for team members to move up in their roles, as well as opportunities to share in PAC’s growth. We invite you to learn more!
Supervises and develops production personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures with integrity and ethical behaviors to meet established performance goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and develops among assigned personnel, a conciousness for the need for teamwork to attain department objectives and to meet established performance goals.
- Directs personnel in the staging of materials and supplies against quantities ordered and quality of specifications and advises planning department of deviations.
- Reviews daily production schedule for the department to plan work and personnel assignments for the shift and clearly delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions to others in the department.
- Reports promptly to department managers and production planning department when delays occur, estimates time of delay and when operations will be resumed.
- Anticipates and determines causes of delays in shift operations and takes appropriate action to meet schedule completion.
- Motivates others, creates a climate in which people want to do their best, and invites input from others.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows all safety policies in the department.
- Prepares required attendance/absence forms for shift or leave requests for department manager’s approval.
- Maintains approachability with all employees at all levels. Builds rapport and is sensitive to the anxieties of others.
- Conducts introductory and annual performance reviews of each department employee and recommends performance increases, retraining, transfer, or termination.
- Conducts oneself ethically and in compliance with all company employee relations policies in all dealings with employees while upholding company values.
- Reviews scrap (Erema) at the end of each shift and authorizes rework of rolls or scrapping of materials.
- Empowers others to study operations where cost standards are not being met, communicates the bigger picture and encourages employees to determine causes and to apply corrective measures.
- Contacts other departments such as engineering and maintenance for required repair work on shift and forwards for time and materials used.
- Interviews applicants for department jobs and recommends the best candidates to HR for hiring. With department trainer and safety committee member, conducts orientation of new hires and their safety training on shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: yes (20-60 production personnel)
- Machine Operators Levels I, II, III & Leads
- Machine Packers
- Maintenance Technicians (indirectly – reports to another department)
- Material Handlers (indirectly – reports to another department)
- QA Techs (indirectly – reports to another department)
- Must have strong personal leadership and communication abilities.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, problem solving and follow-up with a strong sense of urgency and time management skills
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma required; some college (mechanical technology or related field) preferred
- One to two years of related experience and/or training
- Two or more years of lead/supervisory experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be capable of performing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in multiple types of situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, sit and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and crawl under machinery
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.