Pegasus Senior Living
$500.00 Sign On Bonus!
POSITION SUMMARY: Nurse responsible for passing meds, per state requirements, Resident services and other duties as assigned. Delegating duties to the other Associates and volunteers as appropriate. Duties can include personal services, social-recreational activities, delegated tasks, medication assistance, meal services and others as needed for Resident care and service delivery. Trains other Associates as assigned. Provides health care related oversight when the Wellness Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director is absent. Promotes the Company’s mission statement.
- Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independence, choice individuality and a home-like environment for Residents.
- Responsible for medication assistance or administration of medications, according to the state requirements.
- Provides oversight to Associates when the Wellness Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director is absent, as assigned.
- Receives and gives report from the previous shift and to the next shift. Reviews Associates schedules and service delivery tasks with Executive
- Director/Wellness Director/Assistant Director.
- Reads Associates communication records and maintains familiarity with Resident records as required.
- Assists with scheduled residents’ activities of daily living/ADL’s, environmental orientation, assistance with medication, treatments and other care while encouraging self-care and independence.
- Provides services as indicated on Resident assessment and service plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for Residents, Associates and visitors, including provision of housekeeping services for Residents.
- Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with Resident apartments, the building and the grounds and communicates them to the Maintenance Director.
- Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them to the Wellness Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director.
- Reports Community Associate concerns and/or issues to the Wellness Director, Assistant
- Wellness Director and/or Executive Director, as designated.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative policy training in performing all job assignments.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Records Resident information as required.
- Acts as a lead trainer and mentor for Associates.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster,
security, work, safety and other emergency procedures.
- Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational activities.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures relating to Resident care and oversight of all health care related services.
- Provides assistance in supervision and oversight as assigned in provision of all Resident services, including the coordination of those provided by independently contracted ancillary health care providers as requested by Residents and families. Ensures the
- Resident’s assessed needs are provided to Community Care
- Partners/Resident Care Associates for service delivery execution.
- Participates in service plan conferences as required.
- Assures accurate transcription of physician orders into treatment/medication record within state requirements.
- Assists as directed with move-in and orientation of new Residents and designated agent(s).
- Reviews Resident service records, treatment and medication books to assure quality of care.
- Verifies physician orders, move-in/move-out information and initiates appropriate action/follow-up within state requirements.
- Assists in the ordering of medications from pharmacy within state requirements.
- Assists in the coordination of therapeutic diet orders with Associates as required.
- Assures proper records are maintained and documented as designated Communicates health emergencies to determine emergency medical measures taken regarding Resident care to the Wellness Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director. Acts as
- Resident advocate in medical-social situations involving Resident and/or designated agents, physician, other agents or agencies.
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations related to Resident care (i.e. HIPAA, State Regulations and OSHA, etc.).
- Maintains a professional demeanor with all Residents, families and friends, professional referrals and the general public in representing the Community and the Company. Reports all suspicions of abuse, neglect and/or financial exploitations of a Resident immediately to the supervisor, as described in the Company’s policy and procedures on reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 12 hour shifts weekend days. MUST be able to work every weekend.
- A passion for helping seniors
- Current license as an LVN/LPN or RN
- 1 or more years’ experience as an LVN/LPN or RN in an Assisted Living or Memory Care community
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Must be familiar with drug actions and interactions and possess accurate and comprehensive assessment skills
- Patience and courtesy in dealing with residents and families
- Desire to work with seniors to maintain the optimum level of function directly through the supervision of Care Partners, CNA’s, Medication Aides and other members of the resident services team
- Decision making and communication skills
- Ability to assist with transfer of residents regardless of body weight without endangering the resident, self, or other associates
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with residents, families, guests, and other associates in English
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Signing bonus
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- LTC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.