Performance Hospitality is a lifestyle hotel management company committed to providing outstanding service to our guests! We manage a variety of branded, independent hotels in major US markets. We take pride in our ability to deliver exceptional guest and associate experiences by focusing on inspiring individuals through a thoughtful delivery of self-expression hospitality. We believe that providing innovative, cutting-edge practices, along with transparent communications, is a fundamental part of our commitment.
Sous Chef is responsible for training, supervising and working with all cooks and culinary staff to prepare, cook and present food according to hotel standard recipes in order to create quality food products.
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees for efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Visually inspect, select and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Read and employ math skills for following recipes.
- Process requisitions for supplies. Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality. Ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products to comply with health department regulations.
- Select, train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items. Schedule culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering for service.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned, such as V.I.P. parties and staff meetings.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
High School Diploma or equivalent; A degree from a post-secondary culinary arts program a plus. A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Sous Chef in a high volume, upscale restaurant encompassing all phases of food preparation and kitchen operation a must.
- Your Voice Matters! Our unique Open Source culture gives you the opportunity to impact our continuously evolving company.
- Express Yourself! We promote self-expression & individuality via our Self-expression Uniform Program, which offers a variety of uniform options to mix and match in a way that better expresses you! “We want you to be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- Meal on Us! Enjoy a complimentary meal during most shifts.
- Be Recognized! Earn Starfish Reward points redeemable for a variety of gift cards
- Explore our Hotels! Associates receive hotel and restaurant discounts & perks at any of our properties (excluding your home property).
- We Invest in Your Future Success! Become a department trainer – Join our Job Coach Program.
- Continued Leadership Education Program! We offer an ongoing Performance Hospitality Leadership Series (PHLS, Weekly Webinars, e-learning courses).
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year.
- Employee Social Events! Quarterly Themed Luncheons; Formal End-of-year Celebration
- Exceptional benefits including elective Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability coverage.
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D;, Long-term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Travel Assistance Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Celebrate You! Choose one (1) paid day of personal celebration each year to use however you choose.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.