Performance Hospitality is a lifestyle hotel management company committed to providing outstanding service to our guests! We manage a variety of branded, independent hotels in major US markets. We take pride in our ability to deliver exceptional guest and associate experiences by focusing on inspiring individuals through a thoughtful delivery of self-expression hospitality. We believe that providing innovative, cutting-edge practices, along with transparent communications, is a fundamental part of our commitment.
The Assistant Engineering Manager oversees the day to day maintenance operation of the hotel environment. This includes but is not limited to project management, general life safety, holding staff accountable, scheduling, ordering, working with vendors and acting as the main point of contact should the department leader be unavailable. This position is responsible for upholding and ensuring compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures and working along with and directing a team of maintenance professionals to ensure the property is in excellent condition for our guests, members and staff.
- In conjunction with Chief Engineer, prepare and maintain schedules, logs, records, and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities.
- Manage Engineering associates and ensure they are properly trained in guest service, standard operating procedures and loss prevention standards.
- Prioritize, perform and/or monitor Engineering service requests to ensure guest convenience, satisfaction, and safety.
- Assign, track, monitor and perform preventive maintenance.
- Respond to all building-related safety concerns.
- Coordinates or installs, inspects repairs and maintains the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
- Coordinates or inspects, operates and maintains the heating, cooling and ventilation systems (including boiler system).
- Perform general repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware, hanging shelves and landscaping.
- Work days, evenings, weekends, holidays under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Support Chief Engineer to ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, and blood-borne pathogen.
- Updates inventories and other supplies as needed.
- Coordinate compliance of service contracts. Coordinates and inspects major contract work on the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions and meetings as required.
- Comply with all company’s policies and procedures on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as deemed necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Trade, Vocational Certificate and/or college course work in related field a plus. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in facility maintenance or a comparable field required. Basic understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry concepts required. Previous construction or hotel maintenance department lead or supervisory experience a must. Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations, and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Your Voice Matters! Our unique Open Source culture gives you the opportunity to impact our continuously evolving company.
- Express Yourself! We promote self-expression & individuality via our Self-expression Uniform Program, which offers a variety of uniform options to mix and match in a way that better expresses you! “We want you to be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- Meal on Us! Enjoy a complimentary meal during most shifts.
- Be Recognized! Earn Starfish Reward points redeemable for a variety of gift cards
- Explore our Hotels! Associates receive hotel and restaurant discounts & perks at any of our properties (excluding your home property).
- We Invest in Your Future Success! Become a department trainer – Join our Job Coach Program.
- Continued Leadership Education Program! We offer an ongoing Performance Hospitality Leadership Series (PHLS, Weekly Webinars, e-learning courses).
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year.
- Employee Social Events! Quarterly Themed Luncheons; Formal End-of-year Celebration
- Exceptional benefits including elective Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability coverage.
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Long-term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Travel Assistance Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Celebrate You! Choose one (1) paid day of personal celebration each year to use however you choose.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.