Performance Hospitality is a lifestyle hospitality management company that aims to be a significant contributor to the success of the operations in which we provide our services. We focus on cost-efficient hands-on management of lifestyle hotels from the owners’ perspective. We strongly believe in self-actualization and individual and team development as part of our primary principles and objectives.
The Director of Engineering oversees the daily operations of the Engineering department and its associates, quality service, guest satisfaction and safety and is responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel. The Director of Engineering will ensure proper training and supervision of all Engineering personnel and provide consistent, cost-effective maintenance programs that ensure the safe and efficient operation of the hotel. This Director of Engineering position will be hands-on, working alongside engineering team.
- Prepare and maintain schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities. Manage Engineering associates and ensure they are properly trained in guest service, standard operating procedures and loss prevention standards. Prioritize, perform and/or monitor Engineering service requests to ensure guest convenience, satisfaction, and safety. Assign, track, monitor and perform preventive maintenance and resolve repairs in a courteous, efficient, safe manner. Monitor and control expenses. Support hotel departmental maintenance programs and execute daily, weekly and monthly checklists. Respond to all building- related safety concerns. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction. Work days, evenings, weekends, holidays under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ensure associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Coordinate compliance of service contracts. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions and meetings as required. Comply with all company’s policies and procedures on a regular basis. Perform any other job-related duties as deemed necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Trade, Vocational Certificate and/or college course work in related field a plus. Minimum of ten (10) years in a hotel maintenance type position. Basic understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry concepts required. Previous construction or hotel maintenance department lead or supervisory experience a must. Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures.
Your Voice Matters! Our unique Open Source culture gives you the opportunity to impact our continuously evolving company.
- Express Yourself! We promote self-expression & individuality via our Self-expression Uniform Program, which offers a variety of uniform options to mix and match in a way that better expresses you! “We want you to be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- Meal on Us! Enjoy a complimentary meal during most shifts.
- Be Recognized! Earn Starfish Reward points redeemable for a variety of gift cards
- Explore our Hotels! Associates receive hotel and restaurant discounts & perks at any of our properties (excluding your home property).
- We Invest in Your Future Success! Become a department trainer – Join our Job Coach Program.
- Continued Leadership Education Program! We offer an ongoing Performance Hospitality Leadership Series (PHLS, Weekly Webinars, e-learning courses).
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year.
- Employee Social Events! Quarterly Themed Luncheons; Formal End-of-year Celebration
- Exceptional benefits including elective Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability coverage.
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Long-term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Travel Assistance Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Celebrate You! Choose one (1) paid day of personal celebration each year to use however you choose.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.