Martial Arts Instructor
Hours: Full-time, typically 9am-5pm
Location: You will be teaching classes in the Indianapolis, IN metro area.
What You’ll Be Doing
Instructors have one main objective: to make their Crouching Tigers class the best time of each child’s week. Your 30-45-minute classes will leave your students with a serious sense of accomplishment (did we mention that they get to break boards?). Every week, you will be teaching 15-30 classes at approximately 15-20 different locations. Outside of teaching classes, you will need to communicate with both parents (to tell them how their kid(s) are doing) and our clients (the staff at locations). You will attend monthly, in-person training sessions at our headquarters in Indianapolis and will also need to complete weekly online training so that you can master the curriculum.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience and passion for working with kids – you have inspired children in the past and know what it takes to be a great mentor to them. Plus, you have a genuine interest in impacting the lives of children.
- A camp counselor like personality – you have to be constantly wearing a smile and be full of energy. You must be creative, engaging, quick on your feet and be able to adapt to your student’s needs.
- Interest in fitness/yoga/martial arts – one of our company ten commandments is “strive to be healthy” and another is “be the person we teach our students to be”. Instructors must practice what they preach.
- Quick learner – our curriculum is constantly changing since it keeps up with the attention span of our students.
- Professional image – instructors represent Crouching Tigers on the front line and we need our instructors to carry a professional image.
- Personal accountability – your day starts at the location of your first class…meaning that you don’t need to drive to an office first. You are responsible for being on time to classes.
- Ability to drive – you need to have a valid driver’s license and a working car since driving to your classes is a necessity.
- Over the age of 18 with a clean record – we take pride in only hiring those worthy of teaching our ninjas. We run background checks.
Benefits and Perks
- Health/vision/dental insurance stipend (for full-time instructors)
- 401(K) plan (for full-time instructors)
- Free Crouching Tigers classes for your family
- The rare opportunity to inspire children. We’re not just another enrichment program, we’re making a real difference.
- Employee outings (who doesn’t like rock climbing, cooking classes, and comedy clubs?)
- Gym reimbursement
- A kick butt training program
Please apply by sending resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.