As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the GM by providing leadership and daily direction to the Training staff and front desk. This critical position must have a solid understanding of sales and operational excellence. As the supporting lead for the sales and operations function, the AM is a highly visible position that executes the GM lead generation / marketing strategies through personal sales success and positive coaching of the sales team. This position must be willing to sell and promote the health and wellness benefits that are associated with a healthy lifestyle.
- Plan and Program Bi-weekly with the Group Personal Trainers the Group Class Programming.
- Assist in leading and coordinating initial and ongoing sales drivers (presale events, gym events, outreach)
- Responsible for meeting performance goals, revenue through assisting to develop a high-energy sales culture. Work with the GM to plan contests and incentive-based motivation.
- Assist in developing and cultivating strategic business partnerships with local businesses and corporations to drive corporate sales and packages and member engagement.
- Supports sales associates in setting and achieving all sales goals of the gym by working hand in hand with the GM to ensure the staff is consistently and effectively executing the sales process.
- Lead sales team as highest performing sales associate.
- Create safe and effective exercise programs.
- Execute exercise programs for a wide variety of members.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of program progress.
- Utilize prospecting techniques including special events to generate revenue.
- Communicate and engage with members on the floor.
- Maintain and record schedule accurately.
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics.
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures.
- Complete all in-house training as assigned.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated selling skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to motivate and nurture others.
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Outwardly facing professional appearance.
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly.
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
Preferred Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Nationally recognized personal training certification.
- CPR/AED with Basic First Aid certification required.
- Participate in professional development and continuing education opportunities in order to maintain national certification per year.
Physical Activities Required:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing long periods of time.
- Daily walking, lifting, bending, squatting, and reaching.
- Ability to do a personal training workout.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication.
- Good manual dexterity is required for computer use and paperwork.
PHIT Team Member Benefits:
- Industry leading pay structure.
- Opportunity for career growth and advancement.
- Relocation opportunities to destination cities.
- Competitive performance driven work environment.
- Direct impact on changing lives daily.
- Close knit community work culture.
- Complimentary gym membership.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group.
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity.
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers.
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility.
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks.
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business.
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization.
High School or better.
- Basic First Aid.
PHIT is a new fitness center in the Atlanta area whose focus is to “Prioritize Health & Inspire Transformation.” Our mission is to be a center of inspiration through creating a community of like-minded individuals whose PHIT-ness journeys began like yours and mine.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.