The Fitness trainer is a key aspect of the Judgement Free Zone. You will be working with members who could be first time gym users. Therefore, you must: a) be able to design individual exercise programs for each member based on their exercise experience, medical background, and personal goals b) be able to fully explain all administered and supervised training sessions in a clear, organized fashion c) have an excellent understanding of all the Cybex and Life Fitness equipment d) inform and acclimate all members to each piece of equipment in our facility. You will be responsible for familiarizing members with the facility, maintaining a comfortable atmosphere for all members, and motivating those that seek your support.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design individual exercise programs for each member based on their exercise experience, medical background, and personal goals.
- Training PF members during PE @ PF hourly sessions.
- Submitting all individual training programs or workout logs, administered to members, to GM for review.
- Front desk operations when not busy training during the PE @ PF hours (selling memberships, handling cancellations, file maintenance, club tours, info calls, daily cleaning and refilling paper products)
- Inspecting all Cybex and Life fitness equipment for possible malfunctions or damages and reporting if any are found.
- Inspecting AED equipment.
- Inspecting magazine rack for inappropriate literature (bodybuilding magazines such as Muscle and Fitness, Oxygen, Flex, Reps, Muscular development etc.). Remove if any are found
- Stocking supplies (PE @ PF signup sheets at least 2-3 weeks ahead, workout logs, etc.).
- Oiling the equipment (once per week).
- Monitoring the “30 min Express” area for people who are using it inappropriately.
Job Requirements / Certifications:
- Certifications from one of the following: ACE, ACSM, NSCA, AFFA, NASM, or NSPA.
- Must provide club with a copy of valid certification.
- If not currently certified, you must be certified within two months of hire or risk demotion or termination.
- Must be currently insured and provide club with a copy of the liability insurance policy.
- Must be currently CPR certified and provide club with a copy of the CPR certification.
- Good phone/communication skills
- Ability to follow directions well
- Ability to work well independently
- An upbeat and motivating attitude
- Punctual and organized
- Solicitation is not allowed because it can bothersome to the members and is a form of intimidation, which is not allowed in the JFZ.
- Employees are allowed to conduct PT business on their own at a non-PF location but, again, they cannot solicit PF members
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.