Planet Fitness - Fitton Clubs
Position: Fitness Trainer Full Time
We are searching for a motivated Fitness Trainer to join our team! As a member of our team you will be responsible for running the Planet Fitness group fitness program (PE@PF). This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a workout program tailored to the needs of the member, instructing effective group classes, and demonstrating the safe and proper use of equipment.
Some responsibilities to include:
Planet Fitness PE@PF program:
- Conduct and run the Planet Fitness PE@PF program, which is based on a set schedule.
- Consult with members regarding their fitness goals and instruct them on how to properly and safely use the equipment.
- Design safe and effective workout routines based on the member’s experiences, medical history, and goals.
- Lead/Instruct members in a variety of group classes located throughout the clubs.
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic.
Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
- Greet members and guests providing exceptional customer service making everyone feel welcome.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to higher positions within the company as needed.
- Assist members with beverage or merchandise purchases.
Club Cleanliness and Maintenance:
- Go above and beyond to keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
- Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning beds.
- Regular restroom and wet area cleaning and stocking.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate (required).
- Current CPR Certification (required).
- Certifications (Preferred): NASM/ ACSM/ ACE/NCSF/ISSA.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- A passion for fitness and health!
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Walk and stand, for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand motion.
- occasionally to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate amount of weight (up to 75lbs).
- Verbally communicate in person or on the phone to exchange information.
- Maintain physical ability to administer CPR in the event of medical emergency.
- Ability to see in normal visual range with or without correction.
- Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Why you should join Planet Fitness?
- Contribute to changing people’s lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet!
- Work alongside an amazing group of talented, dynamic professionals!
Want more reasons?
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- PTO – Paid Time Off
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- STD, LTD, Term Life Insurance and other benefits
Note: We participate in E-Verify for all Utah locations.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.