Planet Fitness (United PF Partners)
Title: Fitness Trainer
Reports to: Club Manager
If you would love working for a rapidly growing company that changes people’s lives for the better every day, helps them live healthier, doesn’t judge anyone, and supports their communities and the Boys and Girls Club (because they don’t judge either), then this may be your dream job! United PF believes that everyone is a leader. We define leadership as influence, which is independent of hierarchy and can be used positively regardless of the situation.
What’s your role?
As the Fitness Trainer you are a high energy, positive member of the team who will help our members achieve their fitness goals and build their confidence in using the equipment properly. You will run the Planet Fitness group fitness program PE@PF in addition to designing simple workout programs. You will create “raving fans” by delivering 1% customer service, continually engaging and encouraging our members to succeed on their fitness journey.
Some of your primary responsibilities:
- You will ensure our equipment is maintained and handle minor repairs.
- You will ensure our club is super clean because members value this and we’re known for that too!
- Finding new and current members to join you in fitness classes.
- You will help the entire team at the front desk welcoming and checking in our members. Assist with tours, member enrollment, and other club responsibilities.
- Be a leader! Be passionate – love what you do! Have fun and invite members to do the same!
A few other things we want you to know:
- Your schedule will vary. Shift could involve any of our hours of operation, including weekends and holidays.
- United PF offers competitive salaries, PF Black Card membership and opportunities for growth.
We would love to hear from people with:
- Birthdate that confirms you are a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Passion for helping others.
- Nationally Certified Training Certification.
- Fitness equipment knowledge and able to physically demonstrate use of each piece.
- Understanding the physical demands may involve but are not limited to, communicating, standing, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling and handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
- On-time dependability because you know people are counting on you.
- English language; ability to speak, understand, read and write. Bilingual – Spanish helpful.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
About United PF
United PF (“UPF”) is the largest developer and operator of fitness clubs under the Planet Fitness brand. United PF operates in the High Value Low Price (HVLP) segment of the fitness market and serves 1.1 million members across more than 160 clubs. UPF is diversely positioned across 14 states-Arizona (37 clubs) and Texas (24 clubs) represent its two largest markets and multiple market types ranging from urban metro to small markets. The Company was formed in 2016 via the merger of five Planet Fitness franchisee platforms and has grown through consistent organic site development and four additional tuck-in acquisitions. United PF is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
United PF is owned by American Securities, a leading U.S. private equity firm that invests in market-leading North American companies with annual revenues generally ranging from $200 million to $2 billion and/or $50 million to $200 million of EBITDA. American Securities and its affiliates have approximately $23 billion under management and based in New York with an office in Shanghai.
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. As of June 30, 2020, Planet Fitness had more than 15.2 million members and 2,059 stores in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico, and Australia. The Company’s mission is to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®. More than 95% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.