Polaris Pharmacy Services
The Nurse Consultant position is an external position for Polaris Pharmacy Services with the function of providing services to skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities.
- Serve as Liaison between the pharmacy and long-term care facility
- Identify areas deficient in drug availability, drug storage, and distribution
- Conduct quality assurance audits prior to survey window to ensure the facility is compliant
- with the applicable federal and state requirements as it relates to pharmacy services
- Provide applicable educational programs required in assisting the facility in attaining and
- maintaining compliance
- Train the trainer in-service for Medication Administration Program
- Assist with new facility start-up implementation
- Assist with interim facility/community reviews and focused audits including controlled
- substance reconciliation upon request from the Consultant on matters related to pharmacy
- issues or pharmacy requests.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA
- Visits assigned facilities at least monthly.
- Responsible for customer service activities; complain investigation and resolution in concert with direct supervisor, consultant pharmacist, Quality Department, internal staff, and corporate staff.
- Completes and submits progress reports promptly. When appropriate calls into or e-mails Quality to have the Progress Report initiated.
- Reports names of new facility staff to the CCT team leader.
- Establishes positive relationships with facility administrator, nursing director, and nurse managers
- Informs facilities of new pharmacy procedures, processes and forms. Distributes new materials as directed. Assists with special projects as assigned
- Monitors facility documentation to ensure pharmacy processes are followed
- Inservices facility staff to pharmacy issues when necessary. Provides one-on-one instruction to staff nurses as appropriate
- Performs medication storage inspections and Emergency drug kits as requested
- Assists consultant pharmacist with drug diversion investigations
- Assists facilities with the implementation of technology products such as PolarisConnect, Emar, and other programs developed by the pharmacy and made available to its customers
- Assists new facilities with transition activities, inservicing, cart set up, emergency supply set up, etc. as directed
- Complete a Customer Visit Report while in the facility, fax it to the pharmacy from the facility, log a call in Dynamics 365.
- Maintains frequent contact with supervisor by phone and email
- Notifies supervisor and the facility consultant pharmacist when an issue is reported or observed
- Attends consultant pharmacist and consultant tech meetings as requested
- Participates in tele-conference calls
- Attends nursing luncheons and continuing education events
- Submits expense reports every two weeks on non-payday Friday.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary depending on business needs
- RN license and experience in Long-term Care required
- Exhibits ability to communicate verbally and in writing with good English language skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to self-direct activities and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to teach adults, excellent verbal and written communication skills, good social skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Exhibits problem solving skill, and exhibits ability to develop and implement appropriate training materials.
- Ability to bend and lift 30 pounds
- Subject to random drug screening
- Must maintain ability to travel up to 300 miles per work day sometimes it is more (not the norm)
Adheres to the dress code, business casual when in the facilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawl intermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours as needed
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role
HOLIDAY & PTO POLICY
We provide qualifying full-time employees with 23 PTO (Paid Time Off) days annually. PTO is used for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal leave.
Please note – we are a long-term care pharmacy and are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.