We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Piedmont Wellness Center. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Group Exercise Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the group exercise programs. He/she is responsible for providing a comprehensive group exercise program to meet the varying needs and fitness levels of the members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Exercise discretion and independent judgement in providing leadership, direction and oversight to group exercise instructors.
2. Assist with hiring and training of qualified, professional group exercise instructors (land and aqua) through conducting interviews and auditions.
3. Observe and participate in instructor classes on a routine basis to ensure proper techniques and safe instruction is being provided.
4. Provide monthly statistics of attendance records for all classes.
5. Create a group exercise (land and aqua) class schedule to meet the needs of the members.
6. Teach regularly scheduled classes and oversee the substitution of classes as needed through teaching or delegation.
7. Plan in-service workshops and certifications for instructors to support the maintenance of CEC’s required to keep certification current.
8. Work Manager on Duty shifts as assigned.
9. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours, work schedules and scheduling appointments for prospects and members
10. Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university in a health-related, exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education major preferred.
- NCCA accredited certification in group exercise is required.
- Certification for some specialty group exercise class instruction is required.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in group class instruction, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
- Must be outgoing, personable and have the ability to motivate members and actively teach assigned courses.
- CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Proficient computer skills.
We Improve Life By Delivering Excellence In Health, Fitness & Wellness Management.
Integrity * Excellence * Humanity * Passion * Creativity * Humility
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.