Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world’s largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Louisville Slugger, DeMarini, ATEC, Mavic, Enve, Peak Performance and Arc’Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor’s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world’s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold’s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
- Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
- Strength Training Systems
- Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
- Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
- Rewards and recognition for superior performance
- Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives
- Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
- Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
What You’ll Do
About the role: The Materials Clerk is responsible for the handing and processing of materials. Reports to the Inventory Control Manager. This role will perform cycle counting activities. Will also receive material from outside vendors, process transactions in SAP and route to destination. The candidate must be capable of counting material/parts, receiving, processing, storing, routing and distributing property and materials. Must be able to drive a forklift and operate other material handling equipment. May be required to assist in the Logistics/Warehouse areas.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Perform cycle counting.
- Receive product from our plant and outside vendors.
- Process in/out material movements thru internal stockroom.
- Perform production area parts replenishment (Kan-Ban).
- Participation in Quarterly Physical Inventory functions.
- Process PO receipts and/or related movements in SAP.
- Operate a forklift to retrieve materials needed
- Process Return to Vendor (RTV) items.
- Develop vendor delivery schedule.
- Maintain an organized operational area.
- Plan work assignments to maximize efficiency and minimize start-stop trips
- Performs other duties and assists in special projects as required
- Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing the tasks of the position to meet or exceed department needs and to further overall company goals and objectives.
- High level of accuracy when identifying and pulling product, to meet or exceed customer’s expectations.
- Responsible for understanding Precor’s Safety Policy and for practicing safe work habits on the job.
- Attend regularly scheduled department safety meetings.
- Keep area neat and in order.
- Keep area stocked with supplies
What We’re Looking For
To be successful in the role you will have:
- High School diploma or GED
- One or more years Receiving experience
- Background in Inventory Control a plus.
- Prior SAP experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Shipping and Warehouse processes and tools.
- Professional, upbeat attitude, and punctuality are essential
- willingness to take on additional jobs as needed
- excellent communication skills and pleasant demeanor
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to learn applicable safety policies and procedures, including Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and the ability to apply workplace and job-site safety standards.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills required
- Basic math, reading, and communication skills.
- Must be able to comply with Precor Attendance Policy.
- May help in all other warehouse areas.
- Must be able to be certified to drive forklift.
- Must have clear, readable handwriting.
- Must be able to keep up with fast-paced, time-sensitive operations.
- Read and understand written instructions, shipping orders, department paperwork, safety warning labels and placards; Verbally communicate with manager, leads and co-workers regarding department procedures and safety related information
- Identify, quantify and resolve problems quickly and permanently.
- Develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results
- Effectively communicate results and issues (through oral and written communications) to a variety of audiences.
- Listen to others and appropriately act on information provided
- Work effectively in a team
- Work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Use a variety of computer programs / systems to track results (Word, Excel, Email, Internet, etc.).
Working Environment: Daily exposure to manufacturing environment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
DISABILITY ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: email@example.com or call 425.486.9292 or 800.786.8404.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.