Directs and coordinates activities with associates and their immediate family members to assist in their personal fitness needs and goals.
- Setting up appointments for work-out times with current associates and their immediate family members;
- Evaluate associate fitness level and skillset to plan reachable goals as well as chart and track client progress;
- Work with associates to create individualized plans for achieving their fitness goals and provide supplemental nutritional information;
- Gives encouragement to associates in order to motivate them to meet their goals;
- Educate associates on new fitness trends and how to use them on the road & at home;
- Stays current on individual/group class structures, and online training modalities to reach our population virtually;
- Provide online exercise workshops aimed at addressing the risk factors of long-haul truck drivers;
- Virtual consultations and assessments to help associates meet their fitness goals.
- Helps Driver Health and Fitness (DHF) walk-ins with questions and/or training needs;
- Keep up with latest health and wellness research for new ideas on how to improve the DHF program;
- On-board new drivers into the DHF Program and act as a liaison to match their goals to our available resources;
- Provide health coaching and accountability to DHF members and Prime drivers that need guidance on their health journey.
- Teaching drivers safety and proper form when training someone in the fitness center;
- Work with the DHF Coordinator to help create a large DHF presence at the terminal;
- Assist with marketing, implementation, and evaluation of DHF programs and activities;
- Educate drivers on the importance of health and wellness, and how staying healthy will positively impact their personal and professional lives.
- Maintains basketball court, cardio equipment, and weight room equipment by performing minor maintenance, cleaning and sanitizing.
- Media; Videos, podcast, educational presentations, and special fitness workshops via online and in-person modalities;
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience, Education, and Training
Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or related field preferred. Minimum one year experience in personal training required. Candidates must be certified as a personal trainer. Preferred qualifications: Certification through American College of Sports Medicine (ASCM) or National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). Health coaching experience or certification preferred.
Basic knowledge of the trucking/transportation industry is desirable. Having and maintaining a working knowledge of human anatomy and the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition and fundamental principles of exercise science. An understanding for the need and importance of screening and client assessment; proficiency in conducting these evaluations initially and progressively programming exercise programs accordingly. Knowledge and familiarity of social media outlets is a plus.
Must have a strong work history and flexible schedule with the ability to work early mornings and evenings. Basic computer skills required, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
Preferred: Health coaching experience, knowledge of creating progressive training programs for unique, at-risk populations. Comfort and experience in public speaking, leading group fitness classes, counseling clients 1-on-1, and strong verbal and physical communication skills.
This position requires demonstration of various fitness techniques. Candidates must be able to perform same movements as the people being trained. Consistent walking, running, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing and stretching required. Candidate must be able to lift and carry 45lbs, pull 15lbs, and push variable weight dependent on body weight (push-ups, etc.).
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with varying weather conditions.
Candidates must be a current certified personal trainer and will need to maintain that certification throughout employment.
Preferred certifications: American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.