RSM Solutions Inc
If you have read my job descriptions before, this will be a refresher. For those of you who haven’t read my job descriptions before, welcome to the party….I like to add a little humor, so you will see some comedy scattered in this Job Description.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tom. I am VP & Partner with a firm named RSM Solutions Inc. About 95% of my time is spent ‘customer facing’. That being said, I am going to be far more interested in ‘fit’ than anything else…this means a ‘fit’ for you, and a ‘fit’ for the client. Also, i am direct to all my clients…so there are no ‘layers’ between me and any of my clients.
I am actually very good friends with the CIO and VP of HR for this firm. He and I have been close personal friends for close to 9 years. The reason I mention this is that I know a little bit about these guys and what creates a good ‘fit’ here… So, what are those components of a good ‘fit’. you might ask? Well here are a few characteristics:
1) They like people who come in and get their work done…I know this may sound like a relatively simple thing to say…so, let me elaborate. If you are the kind of individual who thinks the world revolves around you, then you may be a good fit for the US Senate, or perhaps the Kardashians, but you probably wont be a fit here. So, if you are the kind of person who gets along well with others, enjoys working together and so on, then we DO have the start of a great fit.
2) This is an environment where no one is an island… The senior leadership for this firm, for example, would never ask anyone to do anything they wouldn’t do…in other words, they won’t send you down the creek without at least a paddle…the VP of Sales will probably sit in the boat with you just to make sure you make it out ok.
3) These guys like to see longevity in the roles you have held..granted, you don’t need to have spent 20 years at one employer…but if you have had a history of 6 months here, 9 months there, and 3 months there…that will cause them to scratch their heads a tad (and some of them are balding, so you don’t want them to scratch too hard).
Here is the job description:
We need someone located in the Upper Midwest as a region. So, if you are located in Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, or even Idaho that would work fine. A great amount of your time will be spent on the road. For now, travel will roughly be every other week…so you wont be on the road (at least in the short term) every week.
Training will be done in Dallas where you will learn all the ‘this is how we do things here’ facts, policies, procedures, and so on. You will also learn this clients product line as well.
This role is – essentially – a ‘Sales Representative / Product Specialist’ role for a manufacturer of parts used by the trucking industry…think parts that would be sold to Kenworth customers or FleetPride customers. The reason I mention those two companies in particular is that part of your job will be riding along with sales reps from – let’s say – Kenworth to visit Kenworth’s customers as the ‘product expert’ for this particular clients products. You will also be seen as the ‘product expert’ for countermen at places like Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone and so on as well.
You will be calling on national accounts (that this company is already doing business with) that will be assigned to you, as well as fleet service providers (countermen, parts managers, service managers and outside sales reps) in order to accomplish the following:
1) Perform counterman training for key accounts
2) Perform factory rep ride-a-longs
3) Participate in customer events (open houses, sales blitzes and customer appreciation days), and provide product training and demos to groups at these events.
4) Provide training with national accounts managers at those assigned customers
5) Of course, in that process of training, you are also improving sales throughput of this clients products.
You will need your customer relationship and relationship building skills to further gain the trust of these existing accounts and – with that trust – help the FleetPride’s, Kenworth and Mac’s of the world sell more as well. As part of this effort, you will also coordinate activities with key people at this particular client as well to fulfill their customer’s needs, while also managing expectations (both internally within this client as well as externally with this clients customer base). This role reports to a Regional Sales Manager, so being clear with regard to what you can realistically achieve with regard to sales goals will be important.
Ideally, we are seeking someone with experience in the heat exchanger / radiator market…think big radiators… However, if you don’t have that specific experience, that is ok..the zombie apocalypse wont happen. If you have experience, for example, with selling to the Kenworth’s, Mac Trucks, and FleetPride’s of the world, that could work out well also.
All this being said, here are some of the requirements for this role (I have a whole lot more to share, but this should give you a good idea of what we are looking for:
1) At least 2-3 years of experience selling parts to truck dealers or truck parts dealers.
2) A ‘trainers’ personality type…by this, I mean, someone that can work alongside and build the trust of outside sales representatives (at those truck parts dealers), countermen / counterwomen, service managers, etc…
3) Any heavy duty heat exchanger / cooler experience would be great to see, but if that isn’t there that is ok.
4) From a sales point of view, we are seeking persistence, tact, diplomacy, and that ability to effectively ‘work your plan’.
5) Strong presentation skills…this includes that ability to – as you might have guessed – effectively communicate product benefits and features.
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.