Instructs group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Required certifications: CPR/AED, National Certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or foundations of primary group exercise
- Certification in areas of expertise.
- Must keep all certifications current.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire.
- At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred. Must be able to sub.
- Ability to conduct classes and activities.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
Weekend availability (Saturday and Sunday mornings), need CPR and AED/Certified in Group Exercise.
PAY RATE RANGE: $25.00 – $38.00 per hour depending on skills/years of experience
Job Type: Part-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred)
- CPR (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.