PRIMARY POSITION SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Aquatics & Safety, the American Red Cross Instructor is responsible for teaching American Red Cross classes and assist with offering regular in-service trainings to the following staff members (Lifeguards/Fitness/Group Exercise/Child Care). Must adhere to the Y’s four core values at all times (caring, honesty, respect and responsibility).
1. Member Experience: Through exceptional engagement and relationship building, create outstanding, personalized customer experiences that foster loyalty to the Y and commitment to its mission, cause and values as well as encouraging long lasting and deeper connections between members.
2. Safe/Clean Environment: Provide safe, clean and well maintained equipment and facilities in order to assist with best supporting people we serve.
3. Programs/Services: Based on member feedback and Rye Y availability, provide exceptional service offerings during desired/available times, ensuring quality curriculums and member focused staff.
4. Leadership Development: Recruit, hire, train, manage, appreciate and lead qualified and committed staff/volunteers who represent the communities we serve and are held accountable for welcoming and valuing members and incorporating relationship-building and member achievement into all programs.
5. Marketing and Communication: Keeps members and prospective members informed in a timely fashion and using a variety of clear, concise methods. All communications materials are grounded in the language of the
Y’s cause and mission reflect the diversity of people the Y engages, and maintains the Y’s reputation by promoting the value and impact of being a Rye Y member.
6. Social Responsibility: Understands and models YMCA values. Focus on creating positive social and community change through the development of meaningful programs and services and helping to ensure that everyone has access.
Arrives early and makes appropriate preparations by getting equipment and supplies for class, greeting participants and beginning class on time.
Exudes enthusiasm and imagination while teaching. Offers positive feedback, constructive criticism and encouragement to participants.
Has knowledge of emergency procedures. Works cooperatively with the lifeguard and other staff members in the event of an emergency.
Maintains certifications and seeks additional training opportunities.
Secures approved, certified substitute, notifies appropriate supervisor of substitute, supplies lesson plan to substitute.
Provides for safety of class through sound teaching methods and maintenance of good discipline and class control.
Relates with enthusiasm, patience, courtesy, tact and concern when dealing with class members.
Understands, upholds and enforces all pool rules and regulations regarding supervision, safety and sanitation.
Responsible for maintaining a clean pool deck, free of equipment.
Reports immediately any accidents, rescues, potential dangers, incidents, etc. in writing to the Aquatics
Attends staff meetings and training sessions as designated by the Aquatics Director.
Keeps abreast of current information relating to aquatics instruction, and aquatic safety.
Maintains a high level of personal physical fitness.
Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer Instructor
First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
The Health and Safety Instructor should possess the ability to establish a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.35 to $25.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.