S T A R-Stand Together and Recover Centers Inc
- Plan field trips and arrange for funding
- Pick-up and serve lunch
- Clean kitchen after lunch
- Train staff and new hires
- Clean bathrooms and around center when needed
- Open in the AM and set up breakfast
- Sit in and cover receptionist area
- Ensure that members complete chores
- Facilitate art groups and order and store supplies
- Responsible for maintaining credit card and receipts
- Fuel vans
- Pick up donations
- Ensure that center is clean and properly closed down at the end of day
Purpose of Position:
Transport members using company vans locally. Greets members and verifies that we have all of the necessary current documentation for participation at S.T.A.R. Maintains a positive recovery based atmosphere and order within the recovery center. Facilitates peer groups to teach and encourage shared learning and the empowerment of skills development that assists members to become as successful and independent as desired through their individual recovery goals. May teach specialty skills, such as Arts & Crafts, Basic Computer Skills, Cooking, Fitness, etc. Ensures that all parts of the program assigned are running smoothly.
- Drive a 10 passenger van to transport members from/to home, clinic, centers, field trips, etc.
- Welcome members and visitors to the center and assist as needed. Ensures all members sign-in and sign-out.
- Facilitates and documents groups to teach skill building for independent living skills, socialization, health and
- wellness, understanding and reducing impact of mental illness, making friends, advocacy, etc.
- Completes group sheets, data entry and paperwork as needed.
- Ensures that the center is clean and confirms all chores are properly done by members, teaching skills as needed, and writing out S.T.A.R. dollars upon proper completion.
- All supply doors must be locked or observed at all times.
- Ensures center rules are being followed by all members and guests to provide a healthy learning environment.
- Assists with intakes, outreach, and coordination with clinical team, family, and primary care physician as needed.
- Resolves member concerns. Implements crisis intervention as needed. Follow through with disruption policy as needed.
- Facilitates social and recovery groups; one-on-one’s; and required documentation.
- Attends staff meetings and training classes.
- Participates in the program and makes it a fun atmosphere for everyone.
- Appraise management of any conflicts/suggestions relating to S.T.A.R. policy/programs.
Other duties as assigned:
- Sit in on staffings
- Food Share/Hygiene shopping
- Do the daily group board and daily GDP
- Weekly schedules
- Assist with monthly outing schedules
- Schedule group
GED or High School Diploma
Must have a personal lived experience of mental health and/or substance abuse issues and is living in recovery and willing to share their experience to assist others.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to handle several tasks at once
- Good communication and follow-up skills
- Must demonstrate excellent rapport with members
- Computer/typing skills a must
Specialty in the Arts
Ceramics & Pottery
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.