Scott County Family YMCA
The group fitness instructor provides enjoyable, high quality and safe group exercise classes to YMCA members.
- Serve as role model to members and Y staff, and at all time live the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
- Ensure safety of class participants by following group fitness best practices as well as report any accidents, concerns, equipment troubles to supervisor immediately.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies needed for class are available prior to the start of class and return all equipment and supplies used to proper location after each class.
- Make sure all participants are treating equipment properly to prevent damage, accidents, spread of disease.
- Follow your branch practices for tracking class attendance while interacting with class participants before and after class to create relationships with and between participants
- Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
- Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures of Scott County Family Y.
- Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
- Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings and trainings.
- All other duties as assigned by the Fitness Coordinator and Executive Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma/GED
CERTIFICATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. YMCA/ACE, AFAA, or ACSM general Group Fitness Instructor Certification or other specialized certification (i.e. Les Mills, Zumba, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to physically perform the respective fitness routine which may include some or all of the following: able to climb/balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of the job, the employee will primarily work indoors and regularly be exposed to moderate temperatures and perform work near moving mechanical parts (associated with physical fitness equipment). The noise level can vary from quiet to moderate depending upon the usage and activity in the rooms in which they are working.
BENEFITS: Part time employees enjoy a free individual Y membership and participation in the Y retirement program! (must meet hourly eligibility requirements)
PAY RATE: $10.00/hour
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.