Scott County Family YMCA
The group fitness instructor provides enjoyable, high quality, and safe group exercise classes to YMCA members.
1. Serves as role model to members and Y staff, and at all times lives the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement
2. Ensures safety of class participants by following group fitness best practices
3. Reports any accidents, concerns, equipment troubles to supervisor immediately.
4. Ensures that all equipment and supplies needed for class are available prior to the start of class
5. Returns all equipment and supplies used to proper location after each class.
6. Makes sure all participants are treating equipment properly to prevent damage, accidents, spread of disease.
7. Follows your branch practices for tracking class attendance.
8. Attends all required trainings and meetings.
9. Interacts with class participants before and after class to foster relationships with and between participants
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. High School Diploma/GED
Certifications and Other Qualifications:
1. YMCA, ACE, AFAA, or ACSM Group Fitness Instructor Certification required within 6 months of hire.
Physical Qualifications: This position is expected to be able to successfully perform all physical activities necessary to perform essential and related functions of the position including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. This position is expected to be able to perform essential and related functions of the position which can generally be described as light work.
BENEFITS: Part time employees enjoy a free individual Y membership and participation in the Y retirement program! (must meet hourly eligibility requirements)
PAY RATE: $10.00/hour
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.