Scott Enterprises - Peek 'n Peak Resort
Interested in employment at Peek ‘n Peak Resort?
Complete the online application now and plan to attend a job fair with open interviews:
- Saturday, November 14 @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
- Thursday, November 19 @ The Inn from 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, December 5 @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of completed online application(s).
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
Snow Sports Instructors are responsible for providing an “on snow” education for resort guests of all ages and experience levels, with a focus on fun and safety. The Snow Sports School teaches an average of 9,700 lesson hours, 4,500 Children’s Lessons and 2,000 “Once a Week” Lessons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Welcome guests and act as an ambassador for the Resort by answering questions regarding Snow Sports programs/pricing, describing “points of interest” and supplying maps/directions/general information.
- Provide high level instruction to resort guests while creating a memorable experience.
- Work in a team environment to provide fun, interactive learning that will exceed guest goals/expectations.
- Participate in lesson line ups at designated times for daily roups, children’s sessions and private lessons.
- Demonstrate techniques and PSAI/AASI/Resort standards to teach basic skills or increase ability level.
- Assess student riding skills, physical fitness, ability to cope with outdoor environment/heights and desire to learn. Use proper terrain and lesson plans for effective learning.
- Tailor each lesson based on the assessment and student goals and attend to special needs.
- Recognize changing snow/weather conditions and understand how this may affect teaching environment.
- Exhibit professional attitude and maintain class control while teaching lessons.
- Facilitate a culture of safety and promote rules, regulations and accountability.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Resort and industry safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Conclude each lesson by thanking the guest(s) and provide guidance for pursuit of appropriate terrain.
- Increase repeat business by creating enthusiastic sliders.
- Implement feedback, attend training clinics and take advantage of educational opportunities to improve individual skills (including pursuit of PSAI/AASI certification).
- Collaborate with various resort departments (including Rentals, Terrain Park and Guest Services) to ensure an unparalleled guest experience.
- Assist with special events such as Ski Swap, NASTAR Race programs and Freestyle Ski/Snowboard Camps.
- Maintain accurate availability, communicate changes and be considerate of: operating hours, guest reservations, special events and holidays. * See Resort attendance for complete details.
- Use time clock and track daily lessons to ensure accurate payroll processing.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer service, professionalism and motivation to achieve predetermined objectives.
- Proven coaching/leadership abilities to direct diverse groups of skiers/snowboarders at all levels; stable performance in emergency situations required.
- Superior verbal/non-verbal communication skills to articulate instructions, safety regulations and ensure compliance.
- New hires will need to successfully complete a Ski or Snowboard Instructor Workshop on December 16 and 17, 2017. PSIA/AASI Certified Instructors will cover the basics of ski or snowboard instruction. Participants who successfully complete this course will be eligible to work at Peek ‘n Peak Resort (or any New York State Ski Area). Job seekers must be a minimum of 16 years old to attend and lift tickets will be provided if necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Skiing or snowboarding technical skills required. New instructors must successfully complete a mandatory “on snow” training session conducted by the Snow Sports Operations Manager and Snow Sports Supervisory Team.
- Prior experience as an instructor in a resort environment preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Optimum physical fitness required to actively participate/train in Snow Sports School
- Frequent skiing/boarding on terrain in various conditions, carrying of objects up to 50lbs, reaching/maneuvering/positioning oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Constant moving about Resort and performing majority of job duties outdoors, often in inclement weather for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up work hours (based on business need).
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Monday to Friday
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.