Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
Requirements and Competencies
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year related experience
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be SCUBA certified and be able to complete annual physical swim competency review
- Must be able to complete provided CPR and lifeguard training/certification
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be in excellent health and physical condition
- Must be able to swim and work in/around water
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Must be comfortable with exposure to noise, vibrations and motion
- Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
- Must be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor
- Must be comfortable working around chemicals
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
- Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Biology or a related field preferred
- 1 year guest service experience preferred
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license preferred
- Make daily observations of animals and report any abnormalities to staff supervisor
- Develop animal conditioning skills and techniques. Maintain each animal’s current level of criteria through effective observation, listening and training application. Pass Module IV test which covers Timing of Environmental Enrichment, Proactive Behavioral Maintenance, and Appropriate Vocabulary
- Condition behavior and acclimates both naive and experienced animals with supervision. Tracks number of behaviors trained
- Perform all primary as well as supportive roles in education and general public shows. Fine tune speaking skills and stage presence
- Perform all daily husbandry tasks including administration of vitamins and medication as directed, food preparation, maintaining a safe and sanitary working area and animal living environment
- Maintain all equipment, area responsibilities, animal records, and departmental notebooks on a daily basis
- Assist in animal transport
- Responsible for guest, personal and animal safety by bringing potentially dangerous situations to the attention of the area supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.